Active Topics

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
As soon as the link pop on the interweb, you will find it in this thread.

We might even get an official leak. Lets see...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Your time. Don't miss it!

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldcloc...15&p1=101&ah=1

And yeah... We have a countdown!

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...20main%20stage

T - 249552 seconds to the event

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-11-18 at 11:56.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
i think the needs to be a clarification abou slushevent

1. Slush is not a announcement of devices
2. Slush is more an event for startupcompanys to show what they doing.
3. There is also other companys not even related to mobile market.

its seems some people may think this event is MWC or nokia events, but its not. Probadly very small event and not many outside finland except TMO knows much about it..

so dont expect to much coming week...

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2012-11-18 at 12:54.

Of course we can expect much. After all, they call it jolla launch. This is the first time jolla has the stage for real, and 3 hours in three different presentations. They have to show what jolla is all about. So far they have released a few press releases as only information to the world. Other than that nothing. Jussi has talked a little, but never really said anything, jolla twitter twitter alot, but never say anything.

So now the big day has come when jolla can tell the world what they are up to, what they trying to do and how. SDK, UI and how they planning to work with mer must be availailable. UI has been ready for months so now is the time to shine.

They must show what they going for, are the going for a iOS style, android style. Contrinue the development of swipe feature ala n9 or working on something completly new style.

do they want developers to help them with software, how to disribute software . Coming clean with this open mobile(ACL) if there is any truth in that.

Who are they working with and what's the exiting new stuff developed with Joikusoft. How will the handle maps and navigations? Maybe say a word or two about what markets they are targeting on a high level at least and comment on Jolla.com. It's time to launch and official source of information.

So I expect a lot. Not a device, but lots of information related to the software, both now and for the future, information with real weight, not just nonsense like their twitter account.

Everyone has their own expectations so please share if you feel like it.

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-11-18 at 17:28.

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland
Forwarded

Help Jolla win the award for Finland's Favourite Startup Company at http://www.tosielamandiili.fi/peukutus.shtml - click Tykkaa under Jolla!

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
i

its seems some people may think this event is MWC or nokia events, but its not. Probadly very small event and not many outside finland except TMO knows much about it..
True.

Just saying that its going to be very good opportunity for Jolla. It's the largest startup event in Nordics and there's tons of big investors, investment funds and investment banks from all around the world attending. Also, lots of really big media outlets are there, like Techcrunch, Wall Street Journal, GigaOm, Wired, some big Asian blogs and all Nordic tech-media. So, they are at least getting really good media coverage and hopefully some investments as well.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by kopla View Post
Forwarded

Help Jolla win the award for Finland's Favourite Startup Company at http://www.tosielamandiili.fi/peukutus.shtml - click Tykkaa under Jolla!
Ah I was duped for the second time

This poll was promoted here a few months ago and that time too I couldn't vote because some nutcase in the organizing team decided facebook likes were the way forward

So you can't create an account with a closed software to support open software?

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
To peeps in Finland. Live TV show about the winner (propably Jolla) of that vote @MTV3, Wendsday 20.05-21.00.

If it's in english (could be since the current CEO is an american) and Jolla wins, I'll record and upload it to Youtube.

Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
To peeps in Finland. Live TV show about the winner (propably Jolla) of that vote @MTV3, Wendsday 20.05-21.00.

If it's in english (could be since the current CEO is an american) and Jolla wins, I'll record and upload it to Youtube.
Thank you!

(10 Characters since in off topice mode)

Tags
jolla, jolla on topic, jollamobile, meego, merproject, nokia, nokian9, professionals, speculations, tizenjolla