Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 470 | Thanked: 399 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Croatia
Originally Posted by kwartey View Post
Am very much happy with my nokia n9 but a new firmware update will rather be much welcomed. So i decided to make more enquiries about any possible update that might hit the device,but didnt find any conviencing answers. So i interacted with @jollamobile ,the maemo developers team and asked them about their new Sailfish Os that will be unvielled soon. I just wanted to know whether we (the N9 users) might recieve that new OS as an update , and the answer the gave me was a NO!!!. Could u believe that? .So am wondering whether that is truely the real deal ,or we might maybe see it on the N9 someday. What do you think guys????
did you know apple wont make ios for n9? now thats a shocker...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GrimyHR For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Please do not bother Jolla engineers with questions about devices manufactured by a different company, such as Nokia. This is plain stupid, Jolla will support only their own devices.

From Hildon Foundation Board we also must clarify that any relation with Jolla wouldn't imply, by any means, that they are going to provide any kind of support to Nokia devices.

The only responsible for support to the N9 is Nokia. Any other kind of software updates might only come from the community in form of CSSU.

Please, moderators close this thread to avoid any confusions.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 337 | Thanked: 891 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Royaume Uni.
JollaMobile: @Adio_17 We cannot offer that for customers with N9/N950 but an expert hacker will be able to provide it.

It sounds like there will be unofficial support for Jolla Mobile on other Meego devices.

The Following User Says Thank You to NokiaFanatic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
What do they really mean with Open? Lets say, can I steal it change the boot video and brand it as my own GreenShark OS and release my own device?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-11-21 at 14:01.

Posts: 418 | Thanked: 506 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Argentina
Originally Posted by NokiaFanatic View Post
JollaMobile: @Adio_17 We cannot offer that for customers with N9/N950 but an expert hacker will be able to provide it.

It sounds like there will be unofficial support for Jolla Mobile on other Meego devices.
Consider it done, a lot of expert hackers around in the linux community

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to flotron For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by flotron View Post
Consider it done, a lot of expert hackers around in the linux community
they (jolla) are already have sailfish on n9. there is a video with designer showing UX on n9.
and n9 have all instruments to make it easy to install another linux-based OS (root out-of-the-box). and they have devs, which made n9&MeeGo

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by sevikl View Post
they (jolla) are already have sailfish on n9. there is a video with designer showing UX on n9.
and n9 have all instruments to make it easy to install another linux-based OS (root out-of-the-box). and they have devs, which made n9&MeeGo
yes BUT they have no time, they MUST/SHALL fokus on theyr own device and not use any seconds of theyr time to port it to N9.

Its the communitys job to port it to N9. NOT Jollas.

However I am sure the community already is working on it. Checkout irc channels on freenet.

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2012-11-21 at 19:16.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
As much as agree with you mike, it does look like they are already testing on a variety of devices from their announcement.

Just check out the devices that they are holding at 3.30-4.00

Will there be an UPDATE? No..

Will there be a version that will probably be flashable onto the N9? Im pretty sure there will be yeah, even if its not directly by Jolla but one of our own devs.

No OTA updates or Nokia suite updates, but an alternative flashable Sailfish OS is more then likely.

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

The Following User Says Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 90 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ India, Canada
Originally Posted by sevikl View Post
Hmmm I wonder if the android app compatibility that sailfish has, could that part be brought to meego harmattan?

Closed Thread

Tags
harmattantrolls, n9isforkids, nosailfishforu, yessailfishforu