Closed Thread
Posts: 115 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Munich or Luxembourg
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
Just to fully answer the thread

Jolla announced:

Me being so kind here is a new 10 minute UI demo, hope you enjoy
JollaMobile Facebook page is not the official one (jollaofficial is the right one) and the statemant from jolla is this:
Please note we have not promised anything official from Jolla HQ. We will support the efforts, but please understand that we cannot provide anything officially supported for Nokia N9. We work with this with our great community but there is no given time when this might happen. Thanks for understanding.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scharel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Oh, wow, I missed that. Whoops.

Although, if it already does run on the N950, it should run on the N9.

Plus, releasing an image for the N9/50 and calling it an early reference device should get it some traction for interested developers (or tinkerers.)

I'll be here hoping for the Nemo packages

Probably we will get jalla teared in parts like Nitdroid partly nonfunctional, and by the way there will not be much software for it at the beginning, if it's not possible using meego or linux existing software....I'm quiet confuse, should i always be like newborn child looking searching and waiting for software to feed my phone and my needs!?

Can anyone explain Jolla OS...what software is open to use on jolla....MeeGo?, Linux?, Java?, Android?, Maemo? web script&flash? or what?

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Malta
what phones was jolla using at slush? weren't those N9 and N950? so this means it's already ported, just for legal reasons they cannot support it.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by ffha View Post
How can a (once-)bright community fill a bu****** thread like this with 5 pages of even more **ll****?
This; you spoke it out, thanks. And if it was originally not only true regarding certain large ethnicity groups from southern Asia, i can now tell it got worse around the time the N9 arrived, along with a shatload of very different/simple minded kids - see OP.

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
While UI+core will definitely be soon ported/booted on N9, doubt Jolla's licensing deal with Myriad will allow for full-JollaOS-images. First time aliendalvik gets released afaik. Hope I'm wrong, as this could also bring it to N900

Anyone wanna void their warranty? https://www.facebook.com/JollaMobile...54501034563739

https://www.facebook.com/JollaMobile...53200098027166

(Facebook links, sorry)

Last edited by ThePangolino; 2012-11-29 at 16:14.

The Following User Says Thank You to ThePangolino For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Actually, I'm looking to mess up my n9 pretty bad since I don't like it as my top three phones. Can't wait.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

am wanting to get a nexus 4, and if its possible to have sailfish on the s3, why wouldnt it be possible for the nexus 4

Posts: 545 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ lebanon
Originally Posted by ThePangolino View Post
Anyone wanna void their warranty? https://www.facebook.com/JollaMobile...54501034563739

https://www.facebook.com/JollaMobile...53200098027166

(Facebook links, sorry)
first of all that page on facebook is an unofficial jolla page
second almost everyone here lost warranty but a quick reflash will restore it .

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to myname24 For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
harmattantrolls, n9isforkids, nosailfishforu, yessailfishforu