Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 665 | Thanked: 2,388 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Zagreb, Croatia
I'm affraid no trolling is going to happen, sorry.
The reason Wazapp is still operational is that we all keep it very transparent and do not put WhatsApp in a bad name or reputation.
We fly low under radar and have no hidden agenda.
Sorry...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to knobtviker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 226 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Lebanon
we can't do it by make magyapp running on nokia n9 ?

Listen up, please. As an important business CEO, we won't do such a crap or troll stuff, for the Pokemon Generation, I am afraid. Go and buy Nintendo Wii or your Dr. Dre Beats earphone, and show your SHEEPLEness

We are cool here. Wazapp is just about funcionality. If you wanna play, get a Pokemon you hipster.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by KissyMeats View Post
Listen up, please. As an important business CEO, we won't do such a crap or troll stuff, for the Pokemon Generation, I am afraid. Go and buy Nintendo Wii or your Dr. Dre Beats earphone, and show your SHEEPLEness

We are cool here. Wazapp is just about funcionality. If you wanna play, get a Pokemon you hipster.
Nice start of ur first post, ur attitude is low as an CEO and not needed here, please keep it on topic and decent, thnx

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
Your being recruited into a Wazapp Testers Group
if you interested write me a personal message with your phone (whatsapp) number
There are other ways to get my number hahaha (obvious joke!). I had a "stable" previous version of wazapp and updated to your last .deb just to understand why Anthony was complaining so badly about it and seriously, he overreacted! there is nothing wrong about the pressed button green color. I guess the problem is there are so many colors for chat bubbles (which should be an advantage) and instead of having satisfied users, it results on more complains because when you personalize the app, the colors obviously do not match the chosen UI color. The only "not so good" choice I find in this last version is the crop background image new feature and I'll explain it with an image later

I’m using a pic of a landscape to make a clearer point, however, it would result the same if you choose a pattern background image (it does not apply only when you choose a plain color background). Ok, I go to settings, try to choose my image and I get the square to choose the portion of the image I’ll use (even if I have previously customized my image to fit the screen size and resized the pic to avoid the app crashing). Then, I crop the image and what do I get? A background image with more zoom than the area I picked. As we all know(?), digital zoom magnifies a part of the image taking certain number of pixels and creating a larger image, but because the new image is based on the same number of pixels, the image loses quality. So, I guess, it would be better to have the old option to choose the image you want and either: write a statement like this when choosing an image: “resize your image at 50% before setting it as background” -assuming all who have used the default camera knows there is an option to resize the images- or if the app does it itself, the option that requires less work to developers.

Last edited by Dazsa; 2012-11-25 at 16:31.

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
so? you can spend some time for reading last pages of topic first.

@Coderus - If your comment was for me, of course, I did. Knobtviker wrote before about this:
"Backgrounds must be cropped and cropping algorithm will improve over time. You have no idea how tricky and messed up it is to code it".
"It think it's funny how some ask back for uncropped backgrounds and then the very same complain about high battery usage, app slowing down and similar".

So, my question is now: did you spend some time to read what I wrote? Man, you are really losing your nerve! Cropping and resizing are NOT the same thing. Resizing my pics has avoided me any high battery usage and in regards to algorithm, in any case, it would be rectangle cropping as the default camera. Anyways, do with your code whatever you want, it is up to you to take opinions as positive feedback or a reason to argue.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dazsa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
backgrounds will have rectangle croppers with current screen orientation aspect ratio

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 133 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ LEBANON
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
backgrounds will have rectangle croppers with current screen orientation aspect ratio

i think that is the right choice

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp