Thanks for your help sceaduw, I'm still looking too. It's annoying as I have a lovely portable keyboard for my (very old) Palm III which works great but only has a connector for the Palm.

I have also been looking too at "happy hacker" keyboards which are lovely and compact but still full sized keys. Just not quite compact enough.

How about the Rubber Roll-Up type like this http://www.gadgets.co.uk/item/USBRK/...-Keyboard.html

OR

This one
http://www.amazon.co.uk/TTJ-Sized-Fl...0354377&sr=8-5

you just need a flat surface like the fold down tray on the back of the seat, although the second keyboard may prove to be a little wide!

Hmmm, they are small and very cheap but they do get very bad reviews!

The Following User Says Thank You to dogsbody For This Useful Post:
Hi dogsbody.
I agree with you on that, but its slightly better to use than the inbuilt one.

Another option is the "Matias" folding keyboard linked below. It's fantastic, but is only available in US layout at the moment. I hope they bring out a UK one soon.
http://matias.ca/foldingkeyboard/index.php

Posts: 170 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Norway

Wow, that Matias keyboard looks perfect! I think that may be the winner!

Cptnodegard: your picture is great

Originally Posted by dogsbody View Post
Wow, that Matias keyboard looks perfect! I think that may be the winner!

Cptnodegard: your picture is great
I have just recieved a reply from Matias about a UK layout version :-

"Thank you for your email and interest in our products.
We have just begun the first production run of our US version Folding Keyboard. Once the first stock is received our management team will be discussing future versions so your email is quite timely. We would like to produce at the very least a UK version and a German version. Please tell us a bit more about what interest you feel would be generated in the UK.
Are you part of a users group or have you read publications indicating the need for a UK version Folding keyboard. Also, please advise which stores you feel would be the best location for people to find our product in the UK. We have been working on a deal with Dixon's, any other suggestions?
Thanks in advance for your comments."

It sounds good to me, but we will still have to wait for production to be considered! I have just responded to them with a little info and the URL of this forum also. You never know, they may want Beta Testers!

Me, me, me, I'll beta test a UK version!!!!

WavyD, this is great, nice work

I do think there is a real call for a full sized portable wired keyboard with more and more internet tablets and mini-laptops becoming avaliable.

Has anone sucessfully paired a Microsoft Elite Bluetooth Keyboard with their N800. It finds the device but for some reason can not pair when I type the pairng number.

mikescott_98, Welcome to this site, as you will see it is full of really good info from a lot of people, however the information here is only good if it makes sense and can be found again. To keep this in check it is best to keep threads on a single topic. This thread is about NON-bluetooth portable keyboards.

To help with your quest you may want to look at this wiki page which describes using the bluetooth menu intead of the keyboard menu to pair them. If that doesn't work may I suggest searching for other posts about bluetooth keyboards as this is quite a common problem or starting your own thread. Thank you