Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 198 | Thanked: 130 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Pakistan
Ok thanks jalyst. It's working now.

Thanks Mohammad for the brilliant effort.

Just a small thought to share. I can't understand why none of the Facebook Clients for N9 have the @Mentions implemented. Not even fMobi supports it.

In this regard, I have to credit Dickson for introducing @mentions and #hashtags in Tweetian. Even though there aren't any drop-down lists when you type @ or # as in iOS or Android, but still it does the job neatly.

Could anyone elaborate why this is so?

Thank you.

Posts: 335 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Trento, Italy
Great update! Thanks man

tested Sociality 0.5 , here are my feddbacks.

[1] got the same error message as jalyst described. Went ahead and key in fb id/pw...then it said "Logged in as <blank>" , nothing to see. There are two notification bubble at the lower side of UI, and each setting multipled, means there are two quit button, two logout button, etc.

[2] after that, i just press one of quit button and relaunch Sociality again, this time it crashed and prompted an email to MAG. just sent it anyway.

[3] third time launch, it launched correctly with my user profile, news feeds can be seen, notes also, etc2.

[4] went to settings and enable feeds at homescreen. and i can see both fb and sociality feed, as in screenshot (top one is FB feed, the lower one is Sociality feed)

[5] the next launch of sociality, it shows nothing again

thanks MAG for the update, really looking forward to replace stock fb

Last edited by soryuuha; 2012-11-27 at 02:02.

The Following User Says Thank You to soryuuha For This Useful Post:
i found some shares from FB missing in sociality.....so missing on feed screen as well.....this happened with older versions also....below shares were missing...
Attached Images

Nokia 3310 -> Nokia 6030 -> Nokia N95 -> Nokia X6 -> Nokia N900 -> Nokia N9 -> Nokia Lumia 1520

Last edited by praveenchand; 2012-11-27 at 03:20.

How does Sociality update on the event screen? Follow the update cycle of event screen? or its own?

In addition, I found that posted picture by friends don't appear on event feed, nor does updates from "Liked" pages

Update: Wait sometimes it worked, sometimes it doesn't, saw some pages status update and some friend's photo upload but not all. hmm

UPDATE2: Okay so I identified the exact issue. Photo upload update doesn't work either from friends or from liked pages. Status up date from friends and liked pages work. Shared photo also worked (which I mistaken as photo upload update), though after launched, clicking the image doesn't load it to bigger version.

UPDATE3: Clicking commented status from Sociality Notification area brings me to forever loading scenario. Clicking the same status due to "Liked" notification worked fine. Clicking on Commented photo notification worked fine too.

UPDATE4: It seemed that Sociality's login token will expire in about 1 hour ++ even when I constantly had sociality running on background, the only way to refresh the token is to relogin.

Last edited by kai_en; 2012-11-27 at 09:08.

I noticed the same as Soryuuha inhis post.
Really awesome work!

Long status, I meant status with hundred over characters which requires to click “see more”, that kind of status doesn't get pick up by Sociality at all, it just ignores it.

Direct click on feed screen, brings u to the status but can't post any comment on the status but if I access the same status inside Sociality, no problem in commenting

Last edited by kai_en; 2012-11-27 at 12:24.

The Following User Says Thank You to kai_en For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kai_en View Post
Long status, I meant status with hundred over characters which requires to click “see more”, that kind of status doesn't get pick up by Sociality at all, it just ignores it.

Direct click on feed screen, brings u to the status but can't post any comment on the status but if I access the same status inside Sociality, no problem in commenting
try clear cache ..then try to comment..hope it's work

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Originally Posted by khan.orak View Post
Ok thanks jalyst. It's working now.

Thanks Mohammad for the brilliant effort.

Just a small thought to share. I can't understand why none of the Facebook Clients for N9 have the @Mentions implemented. Not even fMobi supports it.

In this regard, I have to credit Dickson for introducing @mentions and #hashtags in Tweetian. Even though there aren't any drop-down lists when you type @ or # as in iOS or Android, but still it does the job neatly.

Could anyone elaborate why this is so?

Thank you.
You mean tagging users? I tried to implement this using @[ID:Name] but that was killed by Facebook at some point.
Point is, you can't tag users via the API.

Originally Posted by kai_en View Post

Sociality itself doesn't ignore any posts. It shows everything as returned by the Facebook API. New access tokens get data that's different from that returned to old access tokens. I might switch over to the new one, but it can be quite annoying since it uses "stories", so I'll have to change a lot.

The new keys basically get what you get if you click sort (on facebook.com) and select Most Recent.
I'm not sure if I can get Top Stories via the API.

Last edited by MohammadAG; 2012-11-27 at 13:44.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
I understand what you are talking about but that's not the case, I specifically check the wall of that person to make sure that the post I saw was on his latest timeline instead of top stories. In fact I commented on that status as well, Sociality didn't prompt notification when someone made a new comment on that status. It only so far once which is on a status which is exceptionally long worded

UPDATE: Checked fMobi, didn't get pick up either. FB API is real messed up I guess. But still Sociality has problem with keeping the login.

Last edited by kai_en; 2012-11-27 at 15:27.