Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 192 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Austin, Tx
I am having some trouble installing maps on my N9.

my phone is a malaysian market phone, so it had the relevant maps preinstalled. I didnt want that space taken up, so I uninstalled them, and I was trying to install the maps for the places that I go alot.

While I was trying to install USA, it took a while to download because it was ~1800 MB, it finished downloading, then the installation status bar completed, and it then was just showing installing for a very long time, and never installed, I tried closing the map app, and the whole phone became very laggy.

Everytime I tried to open the maps app, it said, not responding, and if I wanted to close or not.

Anyways, I restarted the phone and when it started back up, all the apps were out of their folders, and not where I had organized them and some of the apps didnt have my login information anymore, for example the weather I had to find my city again.

SO, I go back to the maps and it says something about an error downloading. So it shows no maps installed, and I try to install a small app just to check, and it just says "Waiting" for a very long time.

Any help or ideas?

Thanks

Last edited by captainofiron; 2012-11-18 at 17:58. Reason: edited title

Anybody?

Should I go into MyDocs/cities/ and delete everything?

I connected my n9 to the pc and look inside the map cache folder and this is what I see

I wasnt able to delete some of the folders and files in the mydocs\cities

I did a hard reset and it fixed it, I now have all the maps installed and they work great.

The Following User Says Thank You to captainofiron For This Useful Post: