Notices

Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
Originally Posted by tHMZ View Post
How well is this working for the N900? This thread is too long to find a good reply!!
No version for N900 yet. They said that it will be done when Wazzap is considered complete and stable in N9.

Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by tHMZ View Post
How well is this working for the N900? This thread is too long to find a good reply!!
Read this: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...hlight=yappari

Originally Posted by malkavian View Post
No version for N900 yet. They said that it will be done when Wazzap is considered complete and stable in N9.
Which it is not. Neither fully stable in ALL situations, no exception. And feature complete - neither too ;-)

Last edited by MoritzJT; 2012-11-29 at 16:58. Reason: orthography

@Coderus:

I installed the 28Nov version for a friend yesterday. It was the first time ever using wazapp on his phone.

I was able to register using the SMS option by entering the code recieved via SMS, without any issues.

But, after that Wazapp was constantly crashing. It would crash very soo at startup. Then, I reverted to 16th Nov nightly build and that worked correctly without any issues.

Unfortunately , I do not have any logs as it was not my phone, but I felt I should report it to you here.

Anyways, he is now happily using Wazapp (16th Nov nightly) on his N9. Thanks a lot for your wonderful work on Wazapp.

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
i cant help you without any info, lol

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ LEBANON
Originally Posted by knobtviker View Post
In my personal opinion no base64 encoded images should be stored in a database. For many reasons.
First, it will fill up the database quickly and will slow down the app a lot because on Harmattan we use Sqlite3 which isn't really a database, but a huge managed file. Writing data huge like that and reading it really takes up resources.
Base64 encoded images should be saved locally somewhere in cache.
It would explain why I get not responding state often from nightly builds...

This is my opinion, I hope Coderus and TGalal see it the same way...

@rAsMi:
You make me laugh. Out loud.
Your posts are educated guesses or fanboism?
Nevermind, source code never lies.
Hey am not under estimating other developers
what am saying is that Cepi was an active guy he fixed a lot of bugs i posted nd was always responsive for me nd other users
he always used 2 post updates about fixed bugs he was really an active developer
btw he was the only one 2 respond nd fix the ringtone issue after many posts i've posted about it with no replies nd he fixed it

but also i appreciate all others work 2 improve this app
thanks a lot guys ....

Originally Posted by coderus View Post
i cant help you without any info, lol
I understand that Coderus . I just put it out there so that in case you come across anything in the code, its there at the back of your mind, and also to help any other new users out there who would try Wazapp for first time with version. This info may help reduce some frustration for them I hope.

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiac For This Useful Post:
@Coderus,

Also, Could you please consider my request to also include ringtone located in the .ring-tones directory in /home/user .

Its very helpful to keep riingtones there so that the smal 5-10 sec long mp3 files do not show up in the media player library.

Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiac For This Useful Post:
Posts: 17 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Czech Republic
@ Coderus
Version of November 28, 2012 works perfectly fine in the update, and also in the first installation.
Thank you for your excellent work. It is strange that there are some negative information from other users N9, but for me everything is OK.

Hello,

here some bugs I've noticed with Wazapp 0.9.13:

- There is no vibration feedback after pressing on status bar while I’m in Wazapp (only when I click a second time to close the bar it gives me feedback)

- There is also no vibration/feedback when I press (and hold) on a message e.g. to copy it

- If I tip on a chat to open the conversation the “last seen” in the upper right corner shows me the actual time for a second – after this it shows me the real “last seen” time (this happens sometimes, with some contacts)

- I type a message, send it and afterwards just tip in the middle of the screen (thereby the keyboard disappear) following happens: the line with the emoticons (and for sending attachments) is appearing right down at the bottom (sometimes)

- If someone writes me and I open the chat (via N9-homescreen) the picture of the chat partner doesn’t appear – I have to go to contacts and open the relevant chat from there to see the current picture

What about you guys... Do you have the same issues?

P.S. Is it possible that Wazapp synchronize the pictures automatically after I tip on “synchronizing”? So far I have to open each picture one by one to get the actual/current picture from each contact.

Cheers

The Following User Says Thank You to torcida For This Useful Post:

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp