Notices

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
OT please!

I'm using the latest Coderus build (28 November).

I've some problems with changing the background. I can't make the frame for the chosen background bigger. (See attachment)

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this?

Many thanks
Attached Images

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Playa Del Carmen, Q.Roo, México
Originally Posted by Anthony1971 View Post
@ Dazsa

I love you ;-)
.12 to? concerned about that?

Originally Posted by Anthony1971 View Post
@ Coderus

2.12 ;-)
New nightly build? Download link?

Originally Posted by nonikhanna View Post
how do you use whatsapp on the N95 without a sim card, especially the same number?? I tried using whatsapp on my N8 without sim and itvwont even run.
I don't know if this will also work on the N8, anyway this is what I did, after I registered on my N9 (SIM inserted) i got an sms code in my case 725 and finish with the registration process there, well I then download whatsapp on the N95 (NO SIM) and get to the register point when they ask you to type the phone number, I just then type the phone number I use on my N9, of course no sms will get to the N95, instead I just then type the code that I previously got on the N9, 725 in this case, and bingo I have both phones running Wazapp and Whatsapp with the same number.

You probably ask why would I need to run 2 phones with same number for? simple, I noticed I'm not able to receive messages from contacts that just register on whatsapp or is the first time they send me a message, somehow I'm able to receive messages if I first send them a message its weird, so if I open Whatsapp on the N95 I get the messages there, the funny thing is that if I have online both phones and people that I already message send me a message I get those messages on the N9 and not on the N95

The Following User Says Thank You to devian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 90 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ India, Canada
@Devian, for me the whatsapp wouldn't even run on the N8 without a sim. Says- Make sure the SIM card is properlu installed.

On topic: So I flashed my N9, reinstalled all my applications and did the same to wazapp. But after the first static loading screen, wazapp didn't get to the 2nd loading screen. I think it might have been due to a corrupted .db file.

So I found an old .db file, and just replaced that into /home/user/.wazapp / and wazapp loaded fine. I tried to see if wazapp would regenerate a working .db file again, so I reinstalled wazapp completely but it still gave me a corrupted .db file.

@Devian, for me the whatsapp wouldn't even run on the N8 without a sim. Says- Make sure the SIM card is properlu installed.

On topic: So I flashed my N9, reinstalled all my applications and did the same to wazapp. But after the first static loading screen, wazapp didn't get to the 2nd loading screen. I think it might have been due to a corrupted .db file.

So I found an old .db file, and just replaced that into /home/user/.wazapp / and wazapp loaded fine. I tried to see if wazapp would regenerate a working .db file again, so I reinstalled wazapp completely but it still gave me a corrupted .db file.
hey
I'm really new in all of this...but i'm facing the same problem with the static loading screen then the application just shuts down..can you please tell me what to do?
Thank you

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by silverahmad View Post

hey
I'm really new in all of this...but i'm facing the same problem with the static loading screen then the application just shuts down..can you please tell me what to do?
Thank you
@nonikhanna, silverahmad:

Already reported this on this thread and send a log in a PM to coderus. He replied that he will include a possible fix in the next nightly build. Until then, you can use the work around I wrote about in here:

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=8024

Last edited by jtts; 2012-12-02 at 22:27. Reason: Fix typo. Added another quote.

Just found a cool feature I was not aware of so until I did it by accident. Thought I would post if others didn't know (using latest coderus nightly)

If you are in a group chat and tap on the name of the person who sent you a message, @XYZ is automatically added to your message entry field. You can also add more than one person this way e.g. @XYZ @ ABC.

Pretty neat I thought, and helps direct messages to someone easily if there are a few folk all talking at the same time! ^_^

Posts: 239 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Nad View Post
Just found a cool feature I was not aware of so until I did it by accident. Thought I would post if others didn't know (using latest coderus nightly)

If you are in a group chat and tap on the name of the person who sent you a message, @XYZ is automatically added to your message entry field. You can also add more than one person this way e.g. @XYZ @ ABC.

Pretty neat I thought, and helps direct messages to someone easily if there are a few folk all talking at the same time! ^_^
yeah didn't knew this... but can't test how it works... will the @xyz message be delivered in the group-conversation but only this person will receive it or in privat-conversation?
also found out that holding on name at the message direcly opens private conversation...

only thing is that the @xyz shows pushname instead of saved contact name

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp