Poll: How to survive if Nokia Ovi Store stop distribution of paid apps in china ?
Poll Options
How to survive if Nokia Ovi Store stop distribution of paid apps in china ?

Reply
Thread Tools
www.rzr.online.fr's Avatar
Posts: 989 | Thanked: 872 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ fr/35/rennes
#1
Quoting an email from nokia :

{
Recently we are going to deploy an upgrade of store billing to improve the billing in China, but unfortunately as a side effect of this, we will lose billing support on N9, which means content on N9 canít be billed in China anymore.

We contact you because youíve published excellent apps into N9, China, but as a result of above, we have to take down all your paid content lived on N9 China shortly:

∑ If your content is published into China only ,then it will be unpublished(for the user who ever purchased your content before, it still can be re-downloaded via store)

∑ If your content is published into areas including China, then only China distribution will be rejected and wonít affect other areas.



There is no action required but inform you about this. If you still wish to have your N9 content published into China, please make it a free version and resubmit it.

We apologize for the lost caused by this and thank you for being a valued publisher!

}

How to deal with this ?

UPDATE :

{
Kindly be advised that we are updating our system to provide better service for Nokia Store publishers. Please also be informed that In-app Advertising are restricted in China. For more information regarding restrictions in China, kindly use the link below and select "Guidelines and Restrictions".

http://support.publish.nokia.com/?cat=6&topic=45
}


{

Please be informed that this is allowed if you will use the In-app Purchase feature. For more information regarding IAP, kindly refer to the link below.

http://support.publish.nokia.com/?cat=6&topic=57

}


I also asked about "ads supported" gratis apps ...

Jolla might have its own store too , I am wondering if it will installable on harmattan too ?

--
http://rzr.online.fr/q/publish
__________________
Notice: my posts are my own words, and unless specified those are not "Maemo Council" position which I am part of or other organization i am belonging to.

Please edit this page to attract attention to Maemo Council to any topic :

http://wiki.maemo.org/Talk:Task:Comm...Q2_2014/Agenda


--

http://rzr.online.fr/q/please# Please support my #MeeGo #HarmattanDev #n9 / #n950club contribs :

http://rzr.online.fr/q/harmattan# Shared Repo over 1K projects .. *update url*

Last edited by www.rzr.online.fr; 2012-12-13 at 18:54.
 

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to www.rzr.online.fr For This Useful Post:
Posts: 329 | Thanked: 328 times | Joined on Jul 2012
#2
Just got notified as well. Seriously. SERIOUSLY! WHAT THE F*CK!


Originally Posted by www.rzr.online.fr View Post
Quoting an email from nokia :

{
Recently we are going to deploy an upgrade of store billing to improve the billing in China, but unfortunately as a side effect of this, we will lose billing support on N9, which means content on N9 canít be billed in China anymore.

We contact you because youíve published excellent apps into N9, China, but as a result of above, we have to take down all your paid content lived on N9 China shortly:

∑ If your content is published into China only ,then it will be unpublished(for the user who ever purchased your content before, it still can be re-downloaded via store)

∑ If your content is published into areas including China, then only China distribution will be rejected and wonít affect other areas.



There is no action required but inform you about this. If you still wish to have your N9 content published into China, please make it a free version and resubmit it.

We apologize for the lost caused by this and thank you for being a valued publisher!

}

How to deal with this ?
__________________
BWizz - best N9 bookmark editing tool! Check it out ->BWizz

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> http://store.ovi.com/content/340640

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? http://store.ovi.com/content/368551
 
TMavica's Avatar
Posts: 1,726 | Thanked: 657 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
#3
This is a long issues, as I read many China N9 forum, they always mentioned they cant be pay, all they do is find deb anywhere.
__________________
The Glorious Lady T.Mavica
Twitter https://twitter.com/TMavica
 

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TMavica For This Useful Post:
Posts: 329 | Thanked: 328 times | Joined on Jul 2012
#4
Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
This is a long issues, as I read many China N9 forum, they always mentioned they cant be pay, all they do is find deb anywhere.
Nothing that in-app purchases would not fix IMO...this is a very good example of how Nokia drops the problem on the devs shoulders!
__________________
BWizz - best N9 bookmark editing tool! Check it out ->BWizz

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> http://store.ovi.com/content/340640

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? http://store.ovi.com/content/368551
 

The Following User Says Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:
TMavica's Avatar
Posts: 1,726 | Thanked: 657 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
#5
China always restrict many things, example: in china, you cant access twitter, facebook, Youtube etc

The problem I think China restricted something
__________________
The Glorious Lady T.Mavica
Twitter https://twitter.com/TMavica
 

The Following User Says Thank You to TMavica For This Useful Post:
Posts: 329 | Thanked: 328 times | Joined on Jul 2012
#6
Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
China always restrict many things, example: in china, you cant access twitter, facebook, Youtube etc

The problem I think China restricted something
That is true; but still it does not explain why they would need to "excuse" this blockage with a store "upgrade" problem.
__________________
BWizz - best N9 bookmark editing tool! Check it out ->BWizz

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> http://store.ovi.com/content/340640

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? http://store.ovi.com/content/368551
 
TMavica's Avatar
Posts: 1,726 | Thanked: 657 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
#7
um..um..

By the way, your apps deb is spread all around China forum
__________________
The Glorious Lady T.Mavica
Twitter https://twitter.com/TMavica
 
TMavica's Avatar
Posts: 1,726 | Thanked: 657 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
#8
@rzr, I saw your redak text editor deb got a thousand downloads in a china forum.....

All the replyer said 'Thanks' to that share guy
__________________
The Glorious Lady T.Mavica
Twitter https://twitter.com/TMavica
 
Moderator | Posts: 6,152 | Thanked: 6,032 times | Joined on Nov 2011
#9
It must be a Nokia issue; they have just launched the Lumia series there with WP8 Marketplace with paid apps... Surely they have billing support for them right so why remove for the N9? Just because they want to shut down services... Stupid PR move from Nokia...
 
www.rzr.online.fr's Avatar
Posts: 989 | Thanked: 872 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ fr/35/rennes
#10
Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
@rzr, I saw your redak text editor deb got a thousand downloads in a china forum.....

All the replyer said 'Thanks' to that share guy
The funny thing is that those pple prefer to dl something from an obscure forum than picking the upstream version to download gratis in my place :-)

Just curious can you tell me this forum url , I will like to join and say it's ok guys you can steal me but I am here and open to existing ideas ... a localisation file would help too .... (or relay this sentence in Chinese )


Do you think publishing crapified version with ads could help ... I dont want to spend some time on this ad bizness but this could be an alternative ... so any experiences worth to be studied ... anyone ? any apps use ads ?

I am also wondering if this is affecting all nokia platforms : symbian etc
__________________
Notice: my posts are my own words, and unless specified those are not "Maemo Council" position which I am part of or other organization i am belonging to.

Please edit this page to attract attention to Maemo Council to any topic :

http://wiki.maemo.org/Talk:Task:Comm...Q2_2014/Agenda


--

http://rzr.online.fr/q/please# Please support my #MeeGo #HarmattanDev #n9 / #n950club contribs :

http://rzr.online.fr/q/harmattan# Shared Repo over 1K projects .. *update url*

Last edited by www.rzr.online.fr; 2012-12-13 at 06:28.
 

The Following User Says Thank You to www.rzr.online.fr For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
china, nokia n9, nokian9, nokiastore, ovistore, publishing

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:38.