Notices

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by vazsherwin View Post
For all the people asking the 'Which games work' question, READ THIS! -

http://wiki.maemo.org/Apkenv/Game_Compatibility

Please stop getting in the way of people working here!
People must first of all learn to f'n google and read the wiki.

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
opensource apkenv from git doesn't contain modules for paid games and can't run it.

Hey Thp when I'm using the wrapper generator I get the following error when running this command
Code:
bash preprocess_includes.sh output/*.includes
This is the output
Code:
<stdin>:1:21: fatal error: GLES/gl.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
Do you reckon what am I doing wrong?
Regards

The Following User Says Thank You to B-RUNO For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by B-RUNO View Post
<stdin>:1:21: fatal error: GLES/gl.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
You either didn't run it inside the Harmattan SDK, or you don't have the SGX OpenGL ES development packages installed. Chances are that if you don't know what to do at this point, you won't have any use for the generated wrapper functions (there's more to making games compatible with apkenv than just running some scripts).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 238 | Thanked: 131 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by noxl
Do you compile apkenv from git sources. The apkeenv git source are of interests only for developers since there are not important functions for running angrybirds or fruitninja ( i can see them in the old binary using ltrace ). I don't know why thp don't provide those wrapper functions as examples...
No i did't compile apkenv from sources,just downloading from amr.fayz post shared binary,my mistake it was than i try to run some game with ./apkenv,but when i chance with ./apkamr the game is loaded,i don't understand the difference between 2 files,but however
The apkeenv git source are of interests only for developers since there are not important functions for running angrybirds or fruitninja ( i can see them in the old binary using ltrace ). I don't know why thp don't provide those wrapper functions as examples...
I am on the same opinion

The Following User Says Thank You to disappear For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thp View Post
You either didn't run it inside the Harmattan SDK, or you don't have the SGX OpenGL ES development packages installed. Chances are that if you don't know what to do at this point, you won't have any use for the generated wrapper functions (there's more to making games compatible with apkenv than just running some scripts).
Thanks for your response, no I wasn't running inside the Harmattan SDK, as a matter of fact I only have fremantle sdk on my machine, although is very exciting having more games running on the n900, I'm just trying to do this as self-learn experience so I can learn more linux and try to understand code techniques thank you for this project and I'm sorry if I keep bumping the thread but as mentioned a few post back I'm a linux beginner.

Thanks for your patience and congrats to you visit in Portugal a few years back pit I wasn't there.

as a matter of fact I only have fremantle sdk on my machine, although is very exciting having more games running on the n900
Oh yeah, obviously this should also work in the Fremantle SDK (again, make sure you have the SGX OpenGL ES libraries installed. In Harmattan SDK the package is called libgles1-sgx-img-dev (fakeroot apt-get install libgles1-sgx-img-dev) and I guess it's the same name in the Fremantle SDK (but don't have one near to check).

As far as studying the code goes, the apkenv source code itself should be more interesting/rewarding than the wrapper scripts generator. For some well-known games, the wrappers are already in place, just the modules are missing.

Thanks for your patience and congrats to you visit in Portugal a few years back pit I wasn't there.
Yup, the trip to Evora was indeed awesome. Definitely the most interesting and fun trip this year with the visit to the observatory (can't remember the name) and the roman temple, plus the city in general and the view from the church.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Yup, the trip to Evora was indeed awesome. Definitely the most interesting and fun trip this year with the visit to the observatory (can't remember the name) and the roman temple, plus the city in general and the view from the church.
I'm glad you enjoyed Portugal! We have a lovely weather and worm people.

Originally Posted by thp View Post
Oh yeah, obviously this should also work in the Fremantle SDK (again, make sure you have the SGX OpenGL ES libraries installed. In Harmattan SDK the package is called libgles1-sgx-img-dev (fakeroot apt-get install libgles1-sgx-img-dev) and I guess it's the same name in the Fremantle SDK (but don't have one near to check).
I think I do have libgles1-sgx-img-dev installed at list this is the output
Code:
[sbox-FREMANTLE_ARMEL: ~] > fakeroot apt-get install libgles1-sgx-img-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
libgles1-sgx-img-dev is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 17 not upgraded.
As far as studying the code goes, the apkenv source code itself should be more interesting/rewarding than the wrapper scripts generator. For some well-known games, the wrappers are already in place, just the modules are missing.
I do know this thread in fact I posted the screenshot for the amazing alex game, so you're saying that with wrapper generator isn't the best way to compile new modules?
I know it might be a silly question but how can I run the apkenv source inside the scratchbox?

so you're saying that with wrapper generator isn't the best way to compile new modules?
The wrapper generator will only generate wrapper functions for libc/libm/etc.. replacements. It will not directly help with modules (when you get an error that the library cannot be loaded, you might need to add additional wrapper functions, but again that's separate from the modules).

I know it might be a silly question but how can I run the apkenv source inside the scratchbox?
You can't "run" it (you can only do that on a device if you want to have good performance), but you can build it with the instructions on the apkenv website ("FREMANTLE=1 make").

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
You can show you how to install .apk installed on the N9?

Tags
android, emu_layer, new_whazapp, orphanenv, sfdroid, thp ole ole ole, thp's up, y u disobey thp