Closed Thread
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
Quitting it
Haha..i should've know that..

The Following User Says Thank You to trApsody For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by trApsody View Post
Haha..i should've know that..
Actually I'd do it if it wouldn't mean adding like 500 lines of code. Since showMinimized() doesn't work in Maemo and the notification needs a created window to work (I mean when you press the notification with your finger it goes to that window) I have no choice right now but to create window and then put the notification above it.

Maybe someday Yappari will be finished (feature-wise) and we could spend time (like SEVERAL days) in those little things.

EDIT: Forget what I said here, I found a way to do it with adding just one line of code. It'll be configurable in the Settings dialog in 0.0.27.

Last edited by Scorpius; 2012-12-21 at 19:08.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
@Scorpius seems no help to have chat history?

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by Lana View Post
@Scorpius seems no help to have chat history?
I don't have a clue what's wrong with your phone.

I'm sorry I can't help you.

EDIT: I still think that your /home/user/.yappari directory has root permissions instead of user permissions, but if you don't know how to check that you won't ever know.

Last edited by Scorpius; 2012-12-21 at 19:37.

Originally Posted by s4br0s0 View Post
Install filebox.

That's the noobest way to go to your log.

Greetings.
thanks Dude, Big Kudos to you, I installed Filebox and now i have been able to sort it out even myself, my Yappari now works

Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
I don't have a clue what's wrong with your phone.

I'm sorry I can't help you.

EDIT: I still think that your /home/user/.yappari directory has root permissions instead of user permissions, but if you don't know how to check that you won't ever know.
@Scorpius sorry if you don't have clue, you don't have to be rude, at least I am female. But it doesn't mean I am stupid to find out permission for directory. My Yappari worked fine until I manually deleted logs inside .yappari folder by mistake using FileBox. After I did what you said I've got logs back, but folder is empty all the time. It's obviously that my phone is missing something what keeps chat history, but I can't figure out what and that's why I asked.

Maybe someone else could help. Thanks.

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Apeldoorn area, Netherlands
Originally Posted by Lana View Post
@Scorpius sorry if you don't have clue, you don't have to be rude, at least I am female. But it doesn't mean I am stupid to find out permission for directory. My Yappari worked fine until I manually deleted logs inside .yappari folder by mistake using FileBox. After I did what you said I've got logs back, but folder is empty all the time. It's obviously that my phone is missing something what keeps chat history, but I can't figure out what and that's why I asked.

Maybe someone else could help. Thanks.
How about deleting all of the files associated with Yappari (After backing them up of course).
Then deleting Yappari through HAM and reinstalling it again? With a reboot in between. Might fix the permissions again.

If that doesn't work try: chmod 777 /home/user/.config/scorpius/

Last edited by Wreck; 2012-12-22 at 11:09.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wreck For This Useful Post:
Posts: 80 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Northern Italy
I'm having issues with .26, which I installed after weeks of using an Android phone (had hardware issues with the N900, now fixed).

I installed it and it asked for the registration. SMS registration failed, so the "call me" button came up. I pressed it and nothing happened. I tried again and it told me to wait 57 minutes.

I rebooted in NITDroid and did the registration with WhatsApp. I then rebooted in Maemo, and got several "connection error: retrying in 10 minutes" messages.

Deleted and recreated the .yappari and .config/scorpius folders. Restarted Yappari. It asked for registration. Same thing as before - SMS fails, and I never get the call.

Pinging works, internet works - this is through the wifi link so no port problems via mobile/3G.

I'll send you via private message the log from after I recreated everything (I don't want to put it here for privacy reasons).

I noticed that while I put "+39" in the country code field, the log file says the country is GB. Not sure if this has anything to do with it. Then it says the user is not registered.

Edit: sent the log.

Last edited by Fallingwater; 2012-12-23 at 02:15.

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Lebanon- Beirut
Even when i close the app (not quit) I'm still showing that I'm online for other people. Is this normal behavior for yappari? Shouldn't it be that when i close the app it shows that i'm offline but i'm still able to receive messages?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Just for further information, could someone enlighten me if Yappari has a registration issue due to new WhatsApp registration requiring 6 digits instead of the previous 3?

I've only seen a post by Fallingwater highlighting registration issues but not about the 3 vs 6 digits thing. Asking this as Wazapp seems to be suffering from this in the past few days so was thinking whether Yappari too has it or are there some code differences that allow Yappari to stick to a 3 digit registration mechanism

TIA!

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp