Hello everyone-

I currently own a Cyan Nokia N9 16g. I've had the phone for a about 4 months and have never had a data plan with my carrier active on the phone. For the record, I live in the USA and use T-Mobile, which uses the 1700 and 1900 MHz bands for 3G and HSPA+ data. Even though the phone is clearly compatible with the network for Internet I've had tons of issues properly configuring the phone to work with the data connection. I've already made sure the APN is set to epc.tmobile.com and that the Access Point code (1234) is correct. I've spoken to reps at the highest level of tech support to see what the issue and they can't seem to find anything wrong, so now I'm coming here to see if anyone has any ideas. I've uploaded some screenshots of the settings for the data connection below:

The connection works intermittently, sometimes it'll work for a day, sometimes it won't work at all. Sometimes it'll load web pages halfway and then cut out, other times it won't sync properly with my email, Facebook, or Twitter accounts, etc. The problems seem to be random. FYI, I already know it works totally fine on wifi connections. If anyone has any ideas feel free to help. Thanks in advance.

-Cheers, bobofosho123

UPDATE: I forgot to mention a few other details, whenever I reboot the phone I get a text from T-Mobile saying "We see your phone doesn't have correct settings to access the Internet or send MMS. You will receive a message on how to fix this." After that, a screen appears asking for the access point access code, which is 1234, and then it comes up again twice and then it finally connects. However, it normally fails to properly connect to the data network, meaning I'm still unable to access the Internet.

Last edited by bobofosho123; 2012-12-23 at 05:45. Reason: edited APN url

"access point access code, which is 1234"

I have never entered such a code, and I have had US T-Mobile data plan for years.

Originally Posted by lancewex View Post
"access point access code, which is 1234"

I have never entered such a code, and I have had US T-Mobile data plan for years.
Neither had I before this, but when I activated the data plan on this phone it asked for the number. A T-Mobile rep told me that was the number on the phone earlier today.

Mine says epc.tmobile.com (without the dash in t-mobile which is how you typed it above, but not how it appears in the screen capture..). And the connection name is "T-Mobile web2go" if it matters. And mine has NO PROXY chosen, instead of Automatic.

Last edited by lancewex; 2012-12-23 at 05:08.

I ran a few commands to erase the saved connections. I selected T-Mobile web2go and chose NO PROXY, but no dice. It still won't load web pages or load content like emails, facebook stuff, etc.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Never had any problem while using it on T mobile.

Try to choose No proxy in the Proxy configuration. (First picture in your post)
This is how I have it setup for my T-Mobile.

You can help me finish translating MeeCast in Arabic here

Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by lancewex View Post
Mine says epc.tmobile.com (without the dash in t-mobile which is how you typed it above, but not how it appears in the screen capture..). And the connection name is "T-Mobile web2go" if it matters. And mine has NO PROXY chosen, instead of Automatic.
This is my set up and I have never had any issues.

Thanks for everybody's help, I seem to have fixed the problem now.

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Turn off the proxy, see if that helps

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4