Active Topics

Poll: Is your N9 in open mode?
Poll Options
Is your N9 in open mode?

Originally Posted by kanser View Post
1.1.3 was great 1.0.1 had two problems till now:
1) As i rebooted my phone this loading circle of the N9 appeared and didn't go away until i restarted the phone again.
2) As I browsed in the Web the N9 turned off and as i restarted it, it asked the phone code but not the pin code of my Sim.

Also i had the bug 749 (the reason why i changed to this version).
I have been using 1.0.1 since it came out on two N9s and never had those problems listed before. Maybe it's caused by other tweaks/mods.
Btw I have rebooted at least twenty times since it came out and I use the browser heavily.

Last edited by TheN9er; 2012-12-07 at 17:33.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheN9er For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Nov 2012 @ İstanbul | TURKEY
Hmmm I'm using the 1.0.1 for one week and love it. And tjhere is no problem when restarting etc.

Also my battery life is better now. It's really strange...

So Much tTanks for this great app.

The Following User Says Thank You to Guylussac For This Useful Post:
I have tried all the versions and I'm currently using 1.1.3, which is the fastest IMHO. I've had a couple of VERY small stability issues with messages, but everything else has been great and the performance gains more than make up for them.

The issues with messaging app that I had on 1.1.3 were that some older messages disappeared, but everything in the last couple of weeks were there as usual. Also, there was this weird thing where the messages app would be open, then absolutely by itself the app would blank the screen for one second reading "no messages," then the messages would reappear. This happened a couple of times in a row, each cycle would happen a minute or two apart, but then it stabilised and hasn't happened since. (I just sat there and watched the app without touching anything once I noticed it the first time).

The initial disappearance of the older messages only happened after my first reboot after installing 1.1.3, and that issue has stabilized since then.

Obviously, I recommend a backup of all messages and other data before testing, but I find this issue minor, and just wanted to describe it in case it helps lead to a solution.

Version 1.0.1. is stable, but is not quite as fast as 1.1.3. in my experience.

Originally Posted by TheN9er View Post
I have been using 1.0.1 since it came out on two N9s and never had those problems listed before. Maybe it's caused by other tweaks/mods.
Btw I have rebooted at least twenty times since it came out and I use the browser heavily.
Well that's nice for you. I'm sure that I'm one off the ones here at the board who uses the lessest tweaks. The only other things I use are Watzapp in the background, faster transistors from N9 Qtweak and swipe manager. The most users here are using this and more (open kernel, over clocking, open kernel landscape mode...).

But this issues just happen after 1.0.1 the other tweaks didn't hade updated lately.

But there is another thing: today it was very could winter day.
Don't know how resisted the N9 is at this point.
However I'm using 1.1.3 and it works like a charm :-)

Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Interesting.. Is it only me or? On v1.0.1 S, when i use 2 tab zoom in/out with the Opera browser. It's very laggy! This is only negative what I've noticed.

Last edited by Makeclick; 2012-12-11 at 18:56.

Posts: 324 | Thanked: 739 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ São Paulo, Brazil
UNSTABLE 1.1.4 is out. Remember this is an UNSTABLE version. Reboot on installation is back and hopefully it won't cause MALF, but I can't guarantee. Skilled people, please report if it was ok.

(Now I'll post about the development)

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to traysh For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Installed v1.1.4 unstable and NO MALF

Seems smooth so far but its still early days to report

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Now about the development:

I am learning a lot about Linux and mobile/embedded Linux while I develop FasterN9, and I make some discoveries in this process. I realized there are some things I still have to do to improve the user experience, stability and performance. There are 3 major changes in the way:

1) Create a daemon to change kernel parameters when the context changes. The first implementation changes the parameters to one set when the phone is locked and to another set when the phone is unlocked, and this will allow more aggressive performance settings when unlocked. The daemon should be event based - that means it will sleep almost all the time and will never wake up the processor, so minimal impact to the battery life. An initial (and functional) version of this daemon is included in UNSTABLE version 1.1.4 and is working very well for me.

2) Create a "Settings" plug-in to enable/disable and configure FasterN9. This will enable fine tunning of the settings (but unfortunately every change will require a reboot to take effect). This is also mandatory to give users a better control of their phones.

3) FasterN9 is currently a white list: all apps have low priority when not in foreground and some apps are in a list (white list) of high priority apps. This requires me to manually write the name of the processes of all apps that require high priority in the list and release a new version whenever a new app needs to be included. So, the step 3 is to transform FasterN9 in a black list: all apps have normal priority and only some apps that are in a list (blacklist) have reduced priority. This will make the list short and solve the problem of apps that shouldn’t be laggy when in the background.

I'll take some time to do all that, but I think I can do it before January ends.

The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to traysh For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Installed v1.1.4 unstable and NO MALF

Seems smooth so far but its still early days to report
You're probably the most active guy in this thread and you've been very helpful. Thank you very much!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to traysh For This Useful Post:
I downloaded version 1.1.4 and there has been no MALF issue at all. I'll report more impressions after a couple of days of use. Thanks, traysh!