Fretwire : close

Cell phones are not allowed either. Well no cell phones with cameras anyway. Which brings me to the annoying truth : anyone ever try to get a decent speced cellphone without a camera these days? I would like very good battery life (my razr just blows in this regard), bluetooth connectivity (of course) and some sort of high speed network capability. It has to be quad band too, as I travel a lot.

The only model I saw was a nokia model a while ago, that had a full qwerty keyboard that pulled out the sides. Very neat, but 600$...

All that proprietary headphone connector talk has got me worried now: is my HBH-HS220 sony headset going to function properly? Last thing I need is a soldering project...

Posts: 472 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Texas
Decent Nokia's with no camera lately include:

E61 (not the 'i')
E60 (I think there was a no-camera edition)

Originally Posted by rcadden View Post

4. I have the iGo and it's completely phenomenal. There's tons of hotkeys, and you can customise these through the Internet Tablet's control panel. Amazon has them for under $100 (I got mine for $30, but the last I saw on Amazon it was up to $60, still a great deal). The key spacing is the same as a laptop keyboard, so it's very comfortable.

(Apologies if this is already addressed somewhere else. Just point me there.) I have the IGo Ultra-Slim etc. BT keyboard, and it works just fine with my n800/os2008. But I don't know how to use it to access specific n800 functions. For example, how do I choose an application on my n800 using the keyboard alone? You mention customizing the hotkeys. Can you say more about that?

Originally Posted by izibi View Post
(Apologies if this is already addressed somewhere else. Just point me there.) I have the IGo Ultra-Slim etc. BT keyboard, and it works just fine with my n800/os2008. But I don't know how to use it to access specific n800 functions. For example, how do I choose an application on my n800 using the keyboard alone? You mention customizing the hotkeys. Can you say more about that?
(Answering my own question.) Should have checked it out before I posted. Now I see what you mean by customizing the hotkeys. They are defined in Control panel/Bluetooth keyboard. Even without customizing, I can bring up the applications menu with <alt><shift>Tab. That answers my question. Thanks.

About dimming, install:

http://maemo.org/downloads/product/O...immingoptions/

it will give you more options for regulation of LCD backlight.