Active Topics

Poll: Is your N9 in open mode?
Poll Options
Is your N9 in open mode?

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Germany
I think that should be no problem. But in any case, you can make a backup before:
Code:
cd .config
cp user-dirs.dir user-dirs.dir.bak
You are comfortable with the command line, I hope...

I don't use Whatszap, so do you know where the picture is saved to? If not, you can try
Code:
cd
find . -name "saved.jpg" 2> /dev/null
if you know the name of the image, if not try
Code:
cd
find . -mtime 0 2> /dev/null | xargs ls -trd
which lists all files modified in the last 24 hours, sorted by time, newest at bottom. The command may take some time to display any output!

Last edited by mpy; 2013-01-10 at 13:49. Reason: Sorry, now everything should be correct... also for busybox.

Sorry, what do you mean? The post above includes some hints, if you don't know where wazapp saves the picture which is not showing up in the gallery.
Do you know to which folder the picture gets saved? (The thirst time this (yet unanswered) question!)

Ok, then make sure, that $HOME/MyDocs/Wazapp (case sensitive -- I assume MyDocs is written with capital D also on your N9?!) is included in the line beginning with IndexRecursiveDirectories= in /home/user/.config/tracker/tracker-miner-fs.cfg, otherwise append it at the end.

Here is an example, probably copy&paste is no good idea here:
Code:
IndexRecursiveDirectories=&DESKTOP;&DOCUMENTS;&DOWNLOAD;&MUSIC;&PICTURES;&VIDEOS;$HOME/MyDocs;$HOME/MyDocs/.sounds;$HOME/MyDocs/.documents;$HOME/MyDocs/.videos;$HOME/MyDocs/.images;$HOME/MyDocs/.camera;$HOME/MyDocs/Wazapp;
# Above this is one line, only one carriage return at the end, not inbetween.
I think the tracker reads in the new config automatically, but I'm not sure. With a reboot your on the safe side.

Last edited by mpy; 2013-01-10 at 17:16.

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
Hey guys ive installe the latest version without issue apart from when the phone restarts every icon is a square box that's red.. even after a reboot.. any ideas I couldn't find anything in this thread as yet to fix it..

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by lucas777 View Post
Hey guys ive installe the latest version without issue apart from when the phone restarts every icon is a square box that's red.. even after a reboot.. any ideas I couldn't find anything in this thread as yet to fix it..
That's because you have modified the theme or icons of the device not due to fastern9

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Bangladesh
Hi, I hv installed N9 Quick Tweak 9.5.7 on my device........is there any problem in installing FasterN9 on my device.........thanks in advance...................

Originally Posted by roman2205 View Post
Hi, I hv installed N9 Quick Tweak 9.5.7 on my device........is there any problem in installing FasterN9 on my device.........thanks in advance...................
There is no problem having both N9QuickTweaks and FasterN9 at the same time.

1.1.4 is ok, but I have more lags compared to 1.1.1 when a calendar event pops-up.

Originally Posted by roman2205 View Post
.........tanks in advance...................

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to patlak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 335 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Trento, Italy
Originally Posted by patlak View Post
Lol straight to Elop's fortress