Active Topics

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Spain
I'm trying to safe a flash video, a few month ago they were in /MyDocs/tmp, but after, maybe, cssu update nothing on that folder.
Any help?
Also I have look in /var/tmp, and nothing there.
Thanks in advance.

Posts: 468 | Thanked: 775 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hereford, England
Originally Posted by TARIKO View Post
I'm trying to safe a flash video, a few month ago they were in /MyDocs/tmp, but after, maybe, cssu update nothing on that folder.
Any help?
Also I have look in /var/tmp, and nothing there.
Thanks in advance.
I've just checked my n900 temp folder with video fully buffered, and it is there on my device and I have cssu installed. So it's nothing to do with cssu.

Originally Posted by bigears5000 View Post
I've just checked my n900 temp folder with video fully buffered, and it is there on my device and I have cssu installed. So it's nothing to do with cssu.
I say maybe, just for information of use cssu.
Somebody knows if there is a config file for microb? where to locate the tmp folder.

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Moscow
There is my solution how to get or view flash videos played in microb.
to view:
Code:
mplayer $(stat -c %N /proc/*/fd/* 2>&1|awk -F[\`\'] '/Flash/{print$2}')
to copy:
Code:
cp $(stat -c %N /proc/*/fd/* 2>&1|awk -F[\`\'] '/Flash/{print$2}') /path/to/where/to/copy
All above stuff will work right way, if only your flash video is completely downloaded, but isn't closed yet.

The Following User Says Thank You to sta_rik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 81 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Ahmedabad,India
there is a programme called "Tempy" to save fully buffered flash videos frm microB....use it its simply brillient

The Following User Says Thank You to nisheet For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sta_rik View Post
There is my solution how to get or view flash videos played in microb.
to view:
Code:
mplayer $(stat -c %N /proc/*/fd/* 2>&1|awk -F[\`\'] '/Flash/{print$2}')
to copy:
Code:
cp $(stat -c %N /proc/*/fd/* 2>&1|awk -F[\`\'] '/Flash/{print$2}') /path/to/where/to/copy
All above stuff will work right way, if only your flash video is completely downloaded, but isn't closed yet.
You are a crack.

EDIT: the path for temporary is "/proc/*/fd/* " ,it is posible to change that to go to "MyDocs\tmp"? I don't know wich memory is using swap, rootfs, home or MyDocs.

Last edited by TARIKO; 2013-01-14 at 13:28.

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by TARIKO View Post
You are a crack.

EDIT: the path for temporary is "/proc/*/fd/* " ,it is posible to change that to go to "MyDocs\tmp"? I don't know wich memory is using swap, rootfs, home or MyDocs.
All of those partitions are used, but mostly swap, but that does not matter to you. Just change the
/path/to/where/to/copy
to some place you have, like /home/user/MyDocs/.videos .

This '/path/to/where/to/copy' is common leet speak in linux to make you think instead of blindly copy'n'paste the commands.

Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
All of those partitions are used, but mostly swap, but that does not matter to you. Just change the
to some place you have, like /home/user/MyDocs/.videos .

This '/path/to/where/to/copy' is common leet speak in linux to make you think instead of blindly copy'n'paste the commands.
I ask because of the size of some videos, in swap there is a limit.