Posts: 83 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Poland/Polska
What is better? What i should choose? Pls help!

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
If you like meego/Harmattan; buy the n9.
If you like windows; buy the 820.

Simple! How hard can it be?

I say go for N9 since you are here. umia will have one more update. The n9 will not. Noone is better than the other. Strange isn't it

Out of curiosity. How did you came up with these two options?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
Personally I would never opt for a Windows device that connects to the internet. I kind of like Windows, as long as it is not connected and it seems to be a pretty stable OS, that way. Or at least, it works for the machine I play games on, use to photoshop and make electronic music.

So, for me, I would take an N9 any day over any other smartphone device.

That does not seem to be a generally accepted opinion though...

Have a look
http://versusio.com/en/nokia-lumia-820-vs-nokia-n9

And just for a specs comparison
http://www.thephonedatabase.com/Noki...Compare_Phones

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Poland
I had an option to buy a white n9 for 250€ or get a l820 for free and went with n9. L820 definetely offers better web browsing, camera maybe, larger screen but come on, it's not meego.

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Bavaria
what is better: a dog or a cat. pls TMO i need help

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by v0id View Post
what is better: a dog or a cat. pls TMO i need help
Depends what kind of cat. I would say a dog is stronger and better than most of the cats, but if you talking big cat like a tiger i would definitely go for the tiger.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 83 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Poland/Polska
so stay in nokia N9??

Lumia 820 is better when no more model comes up. N9 is better as long as the crowd stay here!

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Poland
The thing is, l820 is just boring. What can you do with it except calling and texting? I don't think about myself as a geek but I like to do some stuff with a phone. Even with symbian I could do some modding in firmware and I know you did that too (I didn't like your cfw but it's not the case). I cannot tell you which one to choose, these are too different phones for two different markets. I'd pick L820 if I wanted to focus on my studies and use a phone for calling, texting and web browsing. L820 is also good if you don't have a car as the touchscreen is sensitive enough for you to operate in regular gloves while it's quite cold in Poland recently.
It's a tough decision and only you can make it. I'd say go for l820 if you want to leave any forum activity or stay with us with N9 and I'm sure the community will not disappoint you.

N9 for open source software, "tweakabilty", and Meego. 820 for stable Os (ironicaly), good web browsing and updates.

I used a 800 and ditched it for a N9 because of closed Os (very difficult to tweak the os or get open source software, although possible), and because most of apps are real crap (I can't count how many useless apps I found in the marketplace). 820 with wp8 and nokia apps could be enough for some though.

On N9, I have good and robust apps for my every needs, even though app catalog is really limited. Power of love vs money I think

Also, keep in mind that good community make good devices ...

Last edited by sandy_locke; 2013-01-22 at 00:40.