Active Topics

Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
I hope Jolla will care about our data privacy and wont be an other big datacollector like google...

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
Maybe it is easiest to install some Linux distro. Can You recomend one to dead old XP laptop?

I confiscated my wifes old laptop for this purpose, maybe She does not notice anything.... and is there a working link to Flasher that wiki one is not working.
Propably the easiest is to install Ubuntu, there is so much support to be found on the net for it. I would go for the version 12.04, that's an LTS (LongTermSupport) release, meaning it will get updates for next five years.

Of course it also depends on the laptop you have, how powerful that is. I use mainly Lenovo T60/T61 machines, which run it quite nicely. (intel core2, about 2GHz, 2GB memory...)

If you have something older, then maybe install Ubuntu 10.04 or some Xubuntu-version.

Installing flasher is quite easy on ubuntu machines, it is just one deb file. If you cannot find it elsewhere, you can get it from me at http://www.swagman.org/juice/flasher_3.12.1_i386.deb

BTW my wife also uses Ubuntu as her daily driver, we have no windows-machines at home.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post

Installing flasher is quite easy on ubuntu machines, it is just one deb file. If you cannot find it elsewhere, you can get it from me at http://www.swagman.org/juice/flasher_3.12.1_i386.deb

BTW my wife also uses Ubuntu as her daily driver, we have no windows-machines at home.
Oh, I installed Mint 13 for this problem. Hope it can do whats needed? I guess Flasher works with it?

For later use I go for more open Ubuntu because they are working also with phone software.....

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
Oh, I installed Mint 13 for this problem. Hope it can do whats needed? I guess Flasher works with it?

For later use I go for more open Ubuntu because they are working also with phone software.....
Mint is based on Ubuntu so its the same except for the DM using Cinnamon instead of laggy-Unity... Just install the same flasher and things work exactly the same way

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:

Oh, is there some help file for this flasher somewhere? Seems not doing anything? This has i386 architecture and Pc has AMD 64 ore have i done something wrong?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
If you install it then its installed and can be called from the terminal with just flasher --help being typed...

Still need a little help.

Run flasher, it said sending kernel image 2497 kb, sending initifs 1920 kb success. Got In to Nokia N9 and 2,1 GB filesystem but can not see those tree partitions. Phone bootet to a warning text.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
OK, a bit of clarification, just to see what is happening:
Which method did you use, booting the "Fix MALF state boot" (http://wiki.meego.com/N950/Fixing_MALF_state) or the "MOSLO boot" (https://toosa.swagman.org/svn/sillykbd/TRUNK/moslo/) ?

The first method should export 3 partitions for you, the second does not export partitions directly but it allows you to telnet to the device and export the partitons manually.

If you used the first method and did not see any automatically mounted partitions, it might just be that your linux did not mount them automatically. Use command "dmesg" to see if the partitons were detected correctly. (there should be some entry about /dev/sdb drives)

If you used the first method and did not see any automatically mounted partitions, it might just be that your linux did not mount them automatically. Use command "dmesg" to see if the partitons were detected correctly. (there should be some entry about /dev/sdb drives)

Used first one. Meanwhile moved both stskeeps files to /usr/bin and got this warning?

WARNING: bad kernel format in vmlinuz-2.6.32.20112201-11.2-adaptation-n950-bootloader
FIASCO ERROR: vmlinuz-2.6.32.20112201-11.2-adaptation-n950-bootloader: No such file or directory

Last edited by Wallace; 2013-01-31 at 15:54.

Is it possible you either misspelled something or have corrupted files?

Tags
nokia n9, reboot loop