Active Topics

Notices

New upstream version. Stellarium 0.12.0 has been released.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dietyyli For This Useful Post:
I noticed you've made 0.3.5 Any changelog?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dietyyli For This Useful Post:
The new version 0.3.5 is so awesome! Check out the Garching landscape--you'll be happy you did. Absolutely beautiful.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hacker For This Useful Post:
Hi,

yes 0.3.5 is out. What's new? Some bugfixes, location editing, saving, updating coordinates from device position (GPS). HUD tweaks: transparency, night mode.

I'm trying to submit the app to OVI store, but I keep getting reports that the app crashes on what seems to be a pre PR1.3 firmware. I guess there is not much chance that anyone on this forum has PR1.1 or PR1.2 to test this and report a console output?

Cheers, Marko

Posts: 368 | Thanked: 826 times | Joined on May 2012 @ India
Hello Marko,
If you are using Meego Qt components like infobanner, it makes app incompatible with PR 1.1 and below.
If you can mail developee support about the problem and ask them to pass only for PR1.2 and 1.3 then it'd be alright.
Also include the compatibility note in description in store.
I believe no one uses PR 1.1 now

Cheers,
Bibek

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bibek For This Useful Post:
Thank you so much for this. It's the one app I was really missing

The Following User Says Thank You to shinogami For This Useful Post:
Stellarium N9 is now available in OVI store as a paid app. Up-to-date binaries and sources are to remain available free of charge on my website. Both versions are identical.

Cheers,
Marko

Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
I don't get this app.

I allways need to see the view from pre-set landscape, like some small town in france or the moon? I can't get the view from my own city as it always wants to use pre-set landscapes?

To my understanding this is not "exactly as you see when you look at the stars"

What comes to the usability and working of the app; Really nice job from the dev

Last edited by Boxeri; 2013-04-01 at 13:06.

The Following User Says Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 230 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki, Suomi (Finland)
Originally Posted by Boxeri View Post
I don't get this app.

I allways need to see the view from pre-set landscape, like some small town in france or the moon? I can't get the view from my own city as it always wants to use pre-set landscapes?

What comes to the usability and working of the app; Really nice job from the dev
Here's a black generic landscape for you in case you don't want to use default ones or don't want to disable landscape altogether. Extract it to /opt/ /stellarium-n9/share/landscapes
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: gz blank.tar.gz (491 Bytes, 61 views)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ladoga For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Boxeri View Post
I don't get this app.

The landscape only determines the graphics you see near the horizon, it is purely cosmetic. There are only a few available and it's a good bet you won't find your city there. I usually select Mars, since it doesn't obscure much of the sky and has good performance.

The positions of the stars, however, are not determined by landscape, but by location (its longitude, latitude and elevation). This is what is meant by "exactly what you see when you look at the stars": the positions of the stars in the sky (at a given time and location) should match the ones you actually see in real life. If you are lucky enough not to have too much light pollution.