Notices

haha.....no try b4. thx

Posts: 445 | Thanked: 367 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy
Originally Posted by Custodian View Post
N900 & N9 news:
latest beta introduses background mode. The default value for setting is "On". While in background mode, nelisquare continues to update notifications and event feed.
what is the effect of background mode on in N900? it will use 3G/wifi connection even if we close the app?

Posts: 747 | Thanked: 2,370 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Moscow, Russia
Originally Posted by gianko View Post
what is the effect of background mode on in N900? it will use 3G/wifi connection even if we close the app?
Nelisquare will update feed according to your settings period. 3g/wifi is used once per action, i.e. once every 20 mins, or whatever you have setup at settings.

The Following User Says Thank You to Custodian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Custodian View Post
Dear N900 users
In latest alpha/beta (0.4.10, v>=201301240037) I finally managed to fix the segfaults during nelisquare usage (-:
So now you are all codebase(style and look) is the same for both devices n900 and n9
Just tried to update but I get from App Manager:
missing package "qt-components-10-com.meego-compat"

Should I install this with apt-get?

Originally Posted by rm53 View Post
Just tried to update but I get from App Manager:
missing package "qt-components-10-com.meego-compat"

Should I install this with apt-get?
Yes If it is first update 0.4.8->0.4.10. check this post for details.
When maemo garage servers will be up again - it wil be installed automatically with next major release of nelisquare

The Following User Says Thank You to Custodian For This Useful Post:
now that I have updated the qt lib and the app manually,
Nelisquare shows the new icon - and then only black screen...
nothing else.

When launching the app from terminal I get this:
$ /opt/nelisquare/bin/nelisquare
Preloading theme "base" from cache
file:///opt/nelisquare/qml/main.qml:27:9: Type MainWindow unavailable
MainWindow {
^
file:///opt/nelisquare/qml/MainWindow.qml:2:1: plugin cannot be loaded for module "QtMobility.location": Cannot load library /opt/qtm12/imports/QtMobility/location/libdeclarative_location.so: (/opt/qtm12/imports/QtMobility/location/libdeclarative_location.so: undefined symbol: _ZNK10QtMobility13QGeoMapObject10metaObjectEv)
import QtMobility.location 1.2
^
QObject::connect: Cannot connect NelisquareDbus:rocessUINotification(QVariant) to (null):rocessUINotification(QVariant)
QObject::connect: Cannot connect NelisquareDbus:rocessURI(QVariant) to (null):rocessURI(QVariant)
QObject::connect: Cannot connect PictureHelper:ictureUploaded(QVariant, QVariant) to (null):nPictureUploaded(QVariant, QVariant)
Segmentation fault
~ $
What can I do?

you should not run nelisquare from console that way.
use
/usr/bin/dbus-send --type=method_call --dest=com.nelisquare /com/nelisquare com.nelisquare.top_application
or
/bin/sh -c "LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/qtm12/lib /opt/nelisquare/bin/nelisquare"
and proper qtm libraries will be preloaded

Last edited by Custodian; 2013-02-01 at 15:25.

okay
I get the same behavior: icon, then black screen

and that output
$ /bin/sh -c "LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/qtm12/lib /opt/nelisquare/bin/nelisquare"
file:///opt/nelisquare/qml/main.qml:27:9: Unable to create type MainWindow
MainWindow {
^
file:///opt/nelisquare/qml/MainWindow.qml:238:9: Unable to create type PhotoShareDialog
PhotoShareDialog {
^
file:///opt/nelisquare/qml/components/PhotoShareDialog.qml:58:17: Unable to create type SectionHeader
SectionHeader {
^
file:///opt/nelisquare/qml/components/SectionHeader.qml:26:5: Cannot assign to non-existent property "implicitWidth"
implicitWidth: parent.width; implicitHeight: text.height
^
QObject::connect: Cannot connect NelisquareDbus:rocessUINotification(QVariant) to (null):rocessUINotification(QVariant)
QObject::connect: Cannot connect NelisquareDbus:rocessURI(QVariant) to (null):rocessURI(QVariant)
QObject::connect: Cannot connect PictureHelper:ictureUploaded(QVariant, QVariant) to (null):nPictureUploaded(QVariant, QVariant)
Segmentation fault
~ $

try to uninstall nelisquare and make a fresh install using the latest alpha build from this link: http://goo.gl/HTrD4

I have api-get purged nelisquare.
I have removed the cache.
And installed anew from your link.
Still same error log
(not "loading theme from cache" - there is no cache)

~/.cache $ rm -rf nelisquare/
~/.cache $ /bin/sh -c "LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/qtm12/lib /opt/nelisquare/bin/nelisquare"
file:///opt/nelisquare/qml/main.qml:27:9: Unable to create type MainWindow
MainWindow {
^
file:///opt/nelisquare/qml/MainWindow.qml:238:9: Unable to create type PhotoShareDialog
PhotoShareDialog {
^
file:///opt/nelisquare/qml/components/PhotoShareDialog.qml:58:17: Unable to create type SectionHeader
SectionHeader {
^
file:///opt/nelisquare/qml/components/SectionHeader.qml:26:5: Cannot assign to non-existent property "implicitWidth"
implicitWidth: parent.width; implicitHeight: text.height
^
Segmentation fault
~/.cache $

Tags
4sq client, awesomeness, foursquare, social