It works for me...
But sorry, no idea why it doesn't work for you. Can you post output of
dpkg -l | grep fb
dpkg -l | grep facebook

-l = non-capital L

Let's see if your version match the versions that I have

Code:
Nokia-N900:~# dpkg -l | grep facebook 
ii  facebook-installer                                  1.0-4.1.1+0m5                              Installer application for Facebook.
ii  facebook-services                                   0.5.5                                      Check friends' status updates and upload pho
ii  rtcom-accounts-plugin-facebook                      4.140-1+0m5                                Facebook plugin for the Accounts applet
ii  sharing-service-facebook                            0.5.1                                      Facebook Sharing Plugin
Nokia-N900:~# dpkg -l | grep fb
ii  feedservice-plugin-fb                               0.5.5                                      See Facebook updates on your desktop
ii  feedservice-plugin-fb-common                        0.5.2                                      Facebook Common Library
ii  xserver-xorg-video-fbdev                            1:0.4.0-180+0m5                            X.Org X server -- fbdev display driver
Nokia-N900:~#
That looks to be the same (I do not have Facebook installer, but i should not need that, right?):

Code:
ii  feedservice-plugin-fb                               0.5.5                                      See Facebook updates on your desktop
ii  feedservice-plugin-fb-common                        0.5.2                                      Facebook Common Library
ii  xserver-xorg-video-fbdev                            1:0.4.0-180+0m5                            X.Org X server -- fbdev display driver

ii  facebook-services                                   0.5.5                                      Check friends' status updates and upload photos to Facebook
ii  rtcom-accounts-plugin-facebook                      4.140-1+0m5                                Facebook plugin for the Accounts applet
ii  sharing-service-facebook                            0.5.1                                      Facebook Sharing Plugin
I am on csthumb, due to the problems with the repo, I am not sure how recent it is but I have updated in January for sure. But I think it does not touch Facebook, does it?

Posts: 102 | Thanked: 140 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Israel
Facebook chat seems to be working OK now.
Seems to have been a problem on Facebook's side.

The Following User Says Thank You to NiQ For This Useful Post:
It still does not work for me. Did you have Facebook listed in your accounts when changing status? Are you still using Facebook over port 443 as per http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=65060

Posts: 102 | Thanked: 140 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by sup View Post
It still does not work for me. Did you have Facebook listed in your accounts when changing status? Are you still using Facebook over port 443 as per http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=65060
An old guide I wrote a long time ago
Yup, still using it on port 443 so I can use it on campus, where they insist on blocking port 5222. Note that I'm currently using the method described on the second message so no files replaced.
Just a quick thingy before we investigate this any further - please try restarting your phone.

Originally Posted by NiQ View Post
An old guide I wrote a long time ago
Yup, still using it on port 443 so I can use it on campus, where they insist on blocking port 5222. Note that I'm currently using the method described on the second message so no files replaced.
Just a quick thingy before we investigate this any further - please try restarting your phone.
Yes, I also use the second method.

I restarted my phone several times and I tried adding and removing the account several times but to no avail. The account is listed when I touch the "accounts" option under my other accounts (gmail and skype that both connect just fine) and I can try to manually connect (and remove and add) the account from there but it will never connect.

Hm, I somehow managed to connect back. I happened to be on a site that does not requre port 443 to connect, so I removed and added my facebook account when I set all my accounts to offline and then I set my accounts to online - and it connected. Then I set it to port 443 and it connected again. I do not know whether it was that I added the account when I was online or that I am on network with 5222 open. but thankfully, it finally works.