Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by Vlad_on_the_road View Post
Hi,

I am unable to search for videos via mobile network...but it works via Wifi, is there anyone else in the same situation ? I have cuteTube 1.3.3 and have a data plan with a French mobile provider named SFR.

Thanks,
Vlad
Could be something to do with your network provider.
I'm able to view Youtube vids over 3G connection.

However, I'm still getting CTDs when trying to stream vids from DailyMotion and sometimes the od Youtube vid will fail to play, but when I go back to the thumbnail list and try again it then plays without any issues.

The Following User Says Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I installed all packages cutetube depends on because HAM didn't install them automatically. After that I tried to install cutetube and got this:

Nokia-N900:~# dpkg -i /media/mmc1/qmltube_1_3_3_armel.deb
(Reading database ... 22118 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace qmltube 1.3.3 (using .../mmc1/qmltube_1_3_3_armel.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement qmltube ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of qmltube:
qmltube depends on ffmpeg; however:
Package ffmpeg is not configured yet.
dpkg: error processing qmltube (--install):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Errors were encountered while processing:
qmltube

I hope someone can help me because cuteTube-QML is one of the best apps for N900(I used it before I flashed my n900 and before the repos were down).

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Ref CuteTube 1.4.1; I was not able to watch most movies.9/10 times I get either;

Unable to retrieve video. Access may be restricted, and
No connection to server

Any suggestions to fix this? I recently reinstalled CuteTube as well.

Not sure what's going on, but my CuteTube QML is still a bit fidgity with Youtube and still CTDs when trying videos frpm Dailymotion.
I've also noticed that Open Media Player fails to recognise some videos, returning the standard issue "Video format is unsupported".

The Following User Says Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
And I can't download videos why?
Can see them and start downloading but when they finish they vanish!
Not in archive or any folder on the phone

The Following User Says Thank You to guilledoc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 198 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Louth / Ireland
Here how it goes in my case: I can search for vids on YT, browse thru them, check users playlists, etc., but can't play them (message ~ ''Can't establish data connection/transfer'' apears) either download (''forbidden'' apears). I didn't check DM since YT is my target for vids.
How it is that each update of CuteTube QML lasts only for month/two or so, and then everything seems go bunkers? Is it YT changing settings (read possibility) to download clips have to happen each month?

Solved it It was a problem with the confi file of cuteTube qml the download folder was /home/user/Documents /cuteTubeqml insted of /home/user/MyDocs/cuteTube
Dont know how it hapend but all the vids I.ve downloaded where there!!!

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
I am still unable to download videos and/or music...

Same error:
Unable to retrieve video. Access may be restricted, and
No connection to server

On Cutetube QML, the videos don't even play but automatically diverted to releated videos.

Help!

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Reading, Berkshire, UK
I'm unable to play anything with Cutetube, Cutetube-QML or YTube - the latter crashes immediately on playback.

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
I've also noticed that Open Media Player fails to recognise some videos, returning the standard issue "Video format is unsupported".
AFAIK, that message can ocur when the video exceeds the capacity of the decoder for HD.

CuteTube (non-QML) works for me right now with youtube as well as many of the naughty sites :-). So why is that given that some folk have issues?

I use CSSU testing and freemangordon's HD libraries. If we wish to id. the context of issues we need to know which setups have problems and which don't.

So what would be the minimal, useful software report template?

AND http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...03#post1323203 is where it (and the dev) is at.

Last edited by handaxe; 2013-02-21 at 01:05.

Tags
cutetube, marxian = god, marxian legend, son of a gun, son of douche, son of fail, son of god, youtube