Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Hrzhrz, i would LOOOVE to see you getting (better, or sometimes at all) support for xyz Android phone beyond Nexus devices...
You do realize you look a bit silly?

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Ridgecrest, California, USA
Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! My current N900 USB port is getting loose and has to be in just the right position to charge; I've got a backup, but it's not currently loaded with any of my preferred apps. I live in Emacs org-mode, and was seriously dreading having to switch to an Android phone.

PS - I still don't (currently) have a lot of free time, but I might be able to squeeze in a few hours every week here and there if you still need help (either sysadmin or programming).

PPS - I would really like to keep a mirror of my own for packages. I don't really have a lot of bandwidth, but would like to have a permanent personal backup. Does anybody know the required capacity for a mirror of the repos?

The Following User Says Thank You to npsimons For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by npsimons View Post
Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! My current N900 USB port is getting loose and has to be in just the right position to charge; I've got a backup, but it's not currently loaded with any of my preferred apps. I live in Emacs org-mode, and was seriously dreading having to switch to an Android phone.

PS - I still don't (currently) have a lot of free time, but I might be able to squeeze in a few hours every week here and there if you still need help (either sysadmin or programming).

PPS - I would really like to keep a mirror of my own for packages. I don't really have a lot of bandwidth, but would like to have a permanent personal backup. Does anybody know the required capacity for a mirror of the repos?
155G /srv/apt/mirror/repository.maemo.org
205G /srv/apt/mirror/downloads.maemo.nokia.com
385G /srv/apt/mirror
386G /srv/apt
601G /srv/firmware/N9
601G /srv/firmware/N9/40.2012.21.3
607G /srv/firmware
1.2T /srv/

[courtesy skeiron.org]

/j

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
@joerg_rw: any idea when the extras-devel import will be back?

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,238 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
is repos are down again ? my N900 is not connecting with repository.maemo.org

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
is repos are down again ? my N900 is not connecting with repository.maemo.org
No issues here, seems fairly fast as well actually.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
No issues here, seems fairly fast as well actually.
Well, there are issues there but no with the repo. The problem for me that no one in charge observes the thread. I still have no reply what's the future of extras-devel import. I did an update to meecolay-core. It's in the meecolay repo. And if a user just "apt-get upgrade"-s, he loses access to meecolay repo. And the package enabling the repo is now in... the meecolay repo..

What's worse, the extras assistant acts as if everything was alright. Someone might upload a package and never get it build.

/edit: I contacted joerg

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Last edited by marmistrz; 2013-02-21 at 17:13.

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
Well, there are issues there but no with the repo. The problem for me that no one in charge observes the thread. I still have no reply what's the future of extras-devel import. I did an update to meecolay-core. It's in the meecolay repo. And if a user just "apt-get upgrade"-s, he loses access to meecolay repo. And the package enabling the repo is now in... the meecolay repo..

What's worse, the extras assistant acts as if everything was alright. Someone might upload a package and never get it build.
This is nothing to do with the repositories
This is the autobuilder and it is still down.
Last I heard the person employed by Nokia to fix it is away on sick leave.

Please see:-

http://wiki.maemo.org/Migrating_to_C...Infrastructure

The only current issue with the repo's are extras-devel which has a hash sum mismatch issue.
This is worked around with a mirror.
TBH you may as well disable devel as no apps can come through anyway.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

Last edited by sixwheeledbeast; 2013-02-21 at 17:24.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
People know about the issue, but right now the focus is on getting things setup so everything is transferred from Nokia to our new admin team. It's slow going, but once that happens, we won't have to rely on a third party to fix the issues. (And, won't have them to rely on... two edged sword.)

It's not being forgotten... It's just that there is a lot more going on right now, and we personally can't do a lot until the hand over is complete. The hopes are that will be very soon.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 254 | Thanked: 509 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Canada
Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
People know about the issue, but right now the focus is on getting things setup so everything is transferred from Nokia to our new admin team. It's slow going, but once that happens, we won't have to rely on a third party to fix the issues. (And, won't have them to rely on... two edged sword.)

It's not being forgotten... It's just that there is a lot more going on right now, and we personally can't do a lot until the hand over is complete. The hopes are that will be very soon.
From my viewpoint this isn't strictly true. Nemein seems willing (and perhaps somewhat relieved) to let the council and community volunteers have access and fix things. Why is the hashsum issue any different? Personally, I'd like to see council focused on fixing hashsum issues in devel now, and then builder. HF should get out of the way of council, and focus on negotiating sign over from Nokia.

IMO. Currently Nokia and Nemein doesn't seem interested in a timely resolution to the technical issues still plaguing the infrastructure.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shawnjefferson For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
estelyureturn?, kindergarten!, migration, migration#1, piotr=estel_, stop feeding, the troll