http://datamath.org/Graphing/CBL.htm here are the specs i want to know if it is possible to connect it to my n900
thnak you

The Following User Says Thank You to awett For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Quick reply...
So, a Calculator-Based Laboratory can send data to a calculator, from CBL's serial port to calculator's mini-B USB port. Right? I don't know the shape-appearance-structure of CBL's serial port. However, I expect there is an easy-to-find micro-mini USB adapter. You will need it because N900 has micro-USB port, and the TI's cable for connecting CBL with calculator expects a mini-B-USB port.
That's all I can say about hardware. Now, software...
Usually, N900 receives power through the port, from either a charger or a computer. However, in order to connect to USB based data collection devices and probes, like some TI-calculators do, N900 needs USB-On-The-Go.
There is a beta hostmode on N900. It is Beta software but has been proved to work by numerous people on here... For example, by attaching a USB mouse to N900.
There is a thread for problems with specific peripherals.
Best wishes.

that is not correct the cbl uses a 2.5 haedphonejack like cable to connect to calculators
here is a picture http://www.google.de/imgres?q=ti+cbl...w=1399&bih=710

Last edited by awett; 2013-02-25 at 13:19.

The Following User Says Thank You to awett For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
what you describe is a simple USB-serial adapter with a 2.5mm stereo male to plug into the TI calculator, i believe it is a pl2303?? chip so that driver needs to be available, look into drivers added to kernelpower. If you want there is already a program called ticalc for linux that would have to be compiled and probably optomized for scratchbox or just install and run in chroot debian.

The Following User Says Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post: