Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Off-topic: Regarding Sailfish port to N9, could this image be real?

Taken from http://www.facebook.com/ | Jolla Pioneer Fans Group

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

Pretty sure it's fake as there are no sailfish image with all base apps AND the reflection on screen looks likes the sailfish trailer.

Last edited by Akkumaru; 2013-03-06 at 12:02.

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Yep, it's a fake, a funny one though
The person who made it did quite a good job, but he used the picture from the 55th second of the 'Presenting Jolla' video right in the moment when an invisible finger does this cover gesture to call someone. So, on this fake picture, you can see six fingers - five on the hand and one extra, invisible

Originally Posted by Akkumaru View Post
Pretty sure it's fake as there are no sialfiah image with all base apps AND the reflection on screen looks likes the sailfish trailer.
I kinda recognized that, good editing though..

I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
Yep, it's a fake, a funny one though
The person who made it did quite a good job, but he used the picture from the 55th second of the 'Presenting Jolla' video right in the moment when an invisible finger does this cover gesture to call someone. So, on this fake picture, you can see six fingers - five on the hand and one extra, invisible
Wow you do analyze some stuff.. Well, I thought of that but didn't think it could really be an edit

Originally Posted by Akkumaru View Post
Pretty sure it's fake as there are no sailfish image with all base apps AND the reflection on screen looks likes the sailfish trailer.
But it does look nice on the N9, doesn't it?

Originally Posted by patlak View Post
Looks SEXY!!!!!

Originally Posted by patlak View Post
Of course it does! Sailfish was MEANT for N9

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post

This. No seriously, i don't get it either. It seems common btw. f.e. open webOS spackers tend to do the same. Or Arch people; for me Arch / Alarm turned out being the most broken distro that i discovered in recent years. Ok it's not quite mature yet because of the period of it's existence, but one can really expect to have seriously broken things every second upgrade. But there are oh so many Alphas for all kind of sticks / mini / plug-boards and media devices. (And systemd debacle - that turned away quite a few people; Gentoo seems to treat its users better, better as in "let's ask what people prefer and leave them their choice", not "it's solely our decision")

I couldn't care less if something boots on a multitude of (mainstream and/or small batch) devices.

I care about:
- design decisions thought thru in full before being chiseled in stone
- frameworks / integration / APIs being complete (especially media and communication frameworks)
- no shortcuts taken (only subpart xy of spec implemented))
- no hacks that will bite you in future (Nokia?!)
- everything tested thoroughly (dito)

And what usefulness is an OS if it is available, open, and portable, if i have nothing diverse & professional to run on it? That will be the most important question. Until then, i will refrain from experiments. I can't stand hackjobs anymore, so things have to develop for them. Until then, i prefer to invest in my car.

I don't mind the arch dudes doing that since they are not into this for making money neither is the openwebOS guys but Jolla does not have any investor with deep pockets, no established market and they admit that the first release is gonna be kinda do or die. And they pay people for getting sailfish on random devices. Seriously they're not paying them to make a decent browser or an email client. What is their selling point gonna be hey the browser sucks but this baby can boot on your watch. Not a great selling point.

Jolla+N9 = Perfect Combination.

Tags
dave ate sail, fishing jolla, n9 sailfish, nokia n950, sailfish, sailfish os, sailfish video, where?