Active Topics

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Rumours and Maybe Jolla themselves saying the launch is near

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
It's near if you think several months is near. It's nowhere near near.

Sorry, jolla just trolling.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Didn't someone say (a while back) expect a release schedule similar to the N9: unveiled in summer, on sale late fall?

If that plays out, I predict Mobile Asia Expo in June for the launch.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
Rumours and Maybe Jolla themselves saying the launch is near

NOTHING in that message point to ANYTHING saying its is near.

Again read what CEO has said in several interviews instead of bullish rumours.

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2013-03-10 at 08:46.

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
NOTHING in that message point to ANYTHING saying its is near.

Again read what CEO has said in several interviews instead of bullish rumors.
I know exactly what Marc said, Thus I began with "Rumours"

What many are forgetting is that Jolla will have their phones and licensed devices. There is no reason they couldn't release a device running SailfishOS, it doesn't have to be Jolla branded phone, any phone manufacturer could do it.

Just a guess, release SailfishOS licensed phone, get feedback improve user experience then release the official Jolla branded phone. Doesn't sound impossible does it?

Originally Posted by mrsellout View Post
Didn't someone say (a while back) expect a release schedule similar to the N9: unveiled in summer, on sale late fall?

If that plays out, I predict Mobile Asia Expo in June for the launch.
Didn't Jolla already say they will announce the phone before May? They had stated Q1 previously.

Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
I know exactly what Marc said, Thus I began with "Rumours"

What many are forgetting is that Jolla will have their phones and licensed devices. There is no reason they couldn't release a device running SailfishOS, it doesn't have to be Jolla branded phone, any phone manufacturer could do it.

Just a guess, release SailfishOS licensed phone, get feedback improve user experience then release the official Jolla branded phone. Doesn't sound impossible does it?
From the interview Jolla's CEO Mark Dillon gave to Whiteboard Mag, it seems that Jolla will probably launch it's own flagship device under the Jolla brand to begin the momentum for Sailfish: “So we knew that the timing was right to create a new OS – but our experience also told us that we would need a flagship device. Because that’s how you get interest for the OS.” See, http://www.whiteboardmag.com/jolla-c...ng-the-people/

But however it's marketed, it's Jolla's software plus the OEM's hardware, right?

I wish Jolla would give us Sailfish on our N9 devices so we can BETA test the OS and provide them feedback. That would be a win-win situation.

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 891 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Royaume Uni.
Originally Posted by icecream View Post
I wish Jolla would give us Sailfish on our N9 devices so we can BETA test the OS and provide them feedback. That would be a win-win situation.
Jolla will be very reluctant to do this. After all, a lot of folks might decide that instead of buying the new Jolla phone, they might just keep their N9's running Sailfish for free.

Seems like company called Infiniti is behind the Jolla phone design.

http://nokiagadgets.com/2013/03/11/i...-phone-design/

What about Creoir?

Last edited by tissot; 2013-03-11 at 17:53.

Tags
dave ate sail, fishing jolla, n9 sailfish, nokia n950, sailfish, sailfish os, sailfish video, where?