Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Open Source Capitol of the World
Have to agree with damagedspline. Having had a N900 and an Android side by side running Waze - the Android version performs perfectly and N900 had no routing. Seems likely that the continual server upgrades by waze.com sometimes leaves the older Waze version's protocols inoperative.

On west coast of US I have currently have routing and network operational. This is after one year of no routing. Routing suddenly started working 2 weeks ago.

The revised [Realtime] configuration causes Waze to lock up completely on my N900 in my location.

Waze also lock up on me after I applied the changes in [Realtime] but thanks damagedspline for trying.

Posts: 445 | Thanked: 367 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy
waze is working properly again here in italy!
i never change anything in Realtime...
i just sent a log some days ago when no connection...
now i can use it again! latest version N900

Working!!!

Working in Malaysia!! Nothing changed.

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Czech Republic
Update from me. I can login even I did not reconfigure anything, so the login issue was possibly just the waze servers issue. The problem is that altough I can connect with some permanent account I created before I am still having two issues:

1. no network connection, no maps
2. even I am able to login to Waze on N900 this registration seems to be not working for world.waze.com or www.waze.com, so I have no idea where my registration was done. Lost password option does not work on these servers, it respond with error that my e-mail is not in database.

Strange...

EDIT:
Tried the new config file as suggested damagedspline and got to the same point as some others. Login with my account is causing the freeze, New user->Skip will show return me to the login choice screen. So far no progress

When I tried to check what the hell is Waze doing with old "working" config I seen only very short connection attempt (possibly the login):
79.125.19.110:443 CLOSE_WAIT 4199/waze
After that I did not seens any network communication. So I tried to login with temp. account aaaaaand from some strange reason I seen the map and some message, then the Waze crashed. Tried to restart, seen the message that Waze haze crashed (surprise) and question if I want to send report, click Yes, crash again...

Last edited by K240; 2013-03-19 at 19:02. Reason: New findings

Can someone post the original preference file? I didn't make a backup after the changes on [realtime]

Mine is:

Code:
[Realtime]
Web-Service%20Secure%20Enabled=no
Web-Service%20Secured%20Address%20Resolved=https://79.125.19.110:443/rtserver
Web-Service%20Secured%20Address=https://rt.world.waze.com:443/rtserver
SecuredOfflineTarget=https://wudworld.waze.com:443/upload/upload_wud.php
OfflineTarget=http://79.125.10.114:80/upload/upload_wud.php
Web-Service%20Address=http://79.125.19.110:80/rtserver

The Following User Says Thank You to K240 For This Useful Post:
After all kinds of experiments I have the maps (uninstall/reinstall/new settings/old settings...) somehow working but ONLY if I am using random account. If trying to register my account after Waze installation there are these messages in postmortem:

Code:
22:08:07.482  :WARNING: qt/qt_webaccessor.cc, line 550 Ignoring Qt SSL error: (22) The host name did not match any of the valid hosts for this certificate      [File: 'qt/qt_weba
22:08:07.482  :WARNING: qt/qt_webaccessor.cc, line 550 Ignoring Qt SSL error: (6) The certificate has expired   [File: 'qt/qt_webaccessor.cc'; Line: 550]
22:08:07.912  ERROR !!! Realtime/RealtimeNetRec.c, line 4980 Create account transaction has failed with status code: 902        [File: 'Realtime/RealtimeNetRec.c'; Line: 4980]
22:08:09.724  :WARNING: qt/qt_webaccessor.cc, line 550 Ignoring Qt SSL error: (22) The host name did not match any of the valid hosts for this certificate      [File: 'qt/qt_weba
22:08:09.725  :WARNING: qt/qt_webaccessor.cc, line 550 Ignoring Qt SSL error: (6) The certificate has expired   [File: 'qt/qt_webaccessor.cc'; Line: 550]
22:08:09.835  ERROR !!! Realtime/RealtimeNetRec.c, line 246 RTNet::VerifyStatusAndTag() - Tag found (LoginError) is not the expected tag (LoginSuccessful)      [File: 'Realtime/R
22:08:09.836  ERROR !!! Realtime/RealtimeNetRec.c, line 308 RTNet::OnLoginResponse() - 'VerifyStatusAndTag()' had failed        [File: 'Realtime/RealtimeNetRec.c'; Line: 308]
22:08:10.566  ERROR !!! Realtime/RealtimeNetRec.c, line 116 VerifyStatus() - Server response is 501: 'Unknown userid/userid = -1'       [File: 'Realtime/RealtimeNetRec.c'; Line:
So my account is NOT created and I am not logged in after that, possibly causing the Waze to not establish the data connections for maps as well (but pretending that everything is fine... grrrrrr). Unfortunately I have no idea where and what to change to fix this but certificate issue seems to be related to machine with IP 79.125.19.110 which has it's certificate expired.

Used Waze for a while with random account. Result report:

- Waze is working but you can not touch it regarding the account. Navigation fine, voice commands fine, maps fine, etc.
- If I will try to go to My profile and register, the Waze will pretend that registration was done but obviously it does not. Moreover I can not use the Waze after that as it is reporting no network connection forever and I have to delete /home/user/MyDocs/.waze and start again from scratch. There is no chance to switch it back to random account.
- Selected language to czech, Waze replied moment later the voice commands has to be downloaded. Click OK, crash. After restart info about crash and question if report should be sent - click OK, crash. Restart again, click not to send, again question about downloading and crash again without anything else. After maaaaany many restarts it somehow managed to download it withou crashing, after that it is running fine.

I tried to play with preferences.ini to set world.waze.com server hoping that registration will be possible but so far no luck. Therefore until now I am using the Waze with random account, unable to create my own one