Notices

I have moved geeknote over to the N900 I will try to slap aquick gui on it it is all python so it mikght be easier

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to snostorm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
^^carry on we are patiently wating

As it's been a while since last post I thought I would let you know that I have made a bit of progress.

I have updated the libs and have added a web dialog that allows logging in and authenticating the application with Evernote. Also I finally bypassed some major ssl cert issues and I can now sync and fetch the notes for a user, although viewing the actual note contents needs fixing.

There is still a bit of work to do but it is a small milestone to getting it working again.

For anyone interested, the dev code is residing in a branch on my github: https://github.com/cas--/Qvernote/tree/nixnote_oauth

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cas07 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by snostorm View Post
I have moved geeknote over to the N900 I will try to slap aquick gui on it it is all python so it mikght be easier
@snostorm
I am having some issues getting the geeknote work in n900/ maemo.

After authorizing using "python geeknote.py login" as normal user, I still cannot execute geeknote as a command "geeknote OPTIONS". It complains command not found. However when I try to run as "python geeknote.py OPTIONS". Though i can write a shell script which will seem as if i run "geeknote OPTIONS", I believe some path/etc is not right. Could you please help me fix it- by giving me a run through install instructions on n900". Also, how did you fix the python-markdown dependency when running gnsync?

PS: thanks for mentioning geeknote in this thread, or else I wouldn't have a clue about it!!

Last edited by getnani; 2013-03-31 at 17:29.

You will all be pleased to hear that I have successfully integrated oauth into Qvernote and is working well.

It works as it did before but due to the changes there a couple of issues that I still need to iron out:
  • HTTPS is broken and I'm still working on a proper fix, please only use HTTP in settings.
  • Packaging conflicts mean the libs can't upgrade so uninstall the old qvernote which should remove thrift0.2.0 and libevernote1.15.
  • After getting evernote authentication you may need to manually select Online from settings and save.

I have put together a pre-release version for people test, it is a tarball with three deb files: qvernote-0.6.tar.gz

I doubt there will be any issues but you may wish to backup your qvernote database: ~/MyDocs/qvernote/qvernote.db

I have quickly created a random new icon for the app as Evernote's trademark guidelines prevent us using theirs. (see attachment)

Due to multiple package dependencies the easiest way to install is from X-Term with dpkg:
Code:
cd MyDocs
tar xf qvernote-0.6.tar.gz
sudo gainroot
apt-get remove qvernote
dpkg -i qvernote_0.6-1maemo1_armel.deb thrift0.9.0_0.9.0-1_armel.deb libevernote1.23_1.23-1_armel.deb
To uninstall:
Code:
sudo gainroot
apt-get remove qvernote libevernote1.23 thrift0.9.0
Attached Images

Last edited by Cas07; 2013-04-06 at 09:48.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cas07 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
^^happy to hear

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ France
Nice, thank you ! Hopefully you will get a way to make https working again...I don't feel comfortable using this app without it

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Russia, Moscow
unfortunately application not starting(
what can i do to fix it?

Originally Posted by Alexeicher View Post
unfortunately application not starting(
what can i do to fix it?
If you run qvernote from xterm and see what the output is:

Code:
./opt/qvernote/qvernote.sh

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Russia, Moscow
Originally Posted by Cas07 View Post
If you run qvernote from xterm and see what the output is:

Code:
./opt/qvernote/qvernote.sh

output is

Code:
/opt/qvernote/qvernote: error while loading shared libraries: libthrift-0.9.0.so: cannot open shared object file: no such file or directory