Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Finland
Originally Posted by bwalter View Post
The record interval is actually 1s but depending on the current speed and accuracy, some values will be filtered/averaged and the final record will have higher intervals.

For example:
- moving slowly and/or bad GPS signal: higher interval
- moving fast and/or good GPS signal: smaller interval

That said, a smaller interval, while useful for accuracy, may require more energy. If it is the case, custom intervals will be added to the filter dialog.
I had a bike trip about 200 km and active riding time was more than 9h last summer. Tracking was done by Sports Tracker with a heart rate belt. There was no problem with the battery.

ST data: http://www.sports-tracker.com/#/work...72f2p4akk3p7cf

Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH
During small biking tours (less than 1 hour), I do not see a big difference in the power consumption between Meerun and Track@away.

@Leinad:
Which parameters are you using in Track@way for having such a low power consumption?

Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
Originally Posted by Jordi View Post
During small biking tours (less than 1 hour), I do not see a big difference in the power consumption between Meerun and Track@away.

@Leinad:
Which parameters are you using in Track@way for having such a low power consumption?
I also did not notice a big difference on my first short tour. Maybe you have time for a bigger tour at the weekend and can also test it out?

My settings for tracking in Track@Way are attached. Apart from that, i had PSM and Flightmode on, Wazapp off.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to Leinad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 335 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Trento, Italy
Originally Posted by Leinad View Post
I also did not notice a big difference on my first short tour. Maybe you have time for a bigger tour at the weekend and can also test it out?

My settings for tracking in Track@Way are attached. Apart from that, i had PSM and Flightmode on, Wazapp off.
I'm not sure that settings for time and distance will influence the tracking mode if you are under "automatic", have you tried to change to see if there are any difference?
Btw, using T@W in "time based" mode (2 seconds) with 3g connection and pgz latitude on I tracked for more than 6 hours going from 100% to 60%
http://www.sports-tracker.com/#/work...bu3jsestro2hp4

The Following User Says Thank You to Lucazz990 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH
You are right, in automatic mode, interval and distance are not taken into account.
This is explained in the help page.

Small update about the download issue: Nokia is still doing nothing. But there is some new hope on Monday, let's see!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to bwalter For This Useful Post:
Posts: 16 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Finland
Originally Posted by bwalter View Post
Small update about the download issue: Nokia is still doing nothing. But there is some new hope on Monday, let's see!
It's really very sad for the developer of MeeRun (nickname bwalter) as also for buyers of the application that there are problems with Nokia store preventing downloads. MeeRun gets bad ratings due to problems of Nokia only.

Btw. Last year the Sports Tracker application was missing totally from Nokia shop for a long time.

Special thanks for bwalter and let's hope for the best in the future!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KaukoSaarinen For This Useful Post:
It seems like many have the exact same problem as I have.
I paid for MeeRun April 5th and have tried to download quite often ever since. Today I got the error message about maximum downloads reached. I've e-mailed nokia, but due the answer with tips I got back I doubt they've even read my message. I hope to get refunded so I don't have to pay twice. Seems to be a really nice app that is just what i'm looking for. Really a shame how nokia deal with this.

Posts: 335 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Trento, Italy
Originally Posted by nosocks View Post
It seems like many have the exact same problem as I have.
I paid for MeeRun April 5th and have tried to download quite often ever since. Today I got the error message about maximum downloads reached. I've e-mailed nokia, but due the answer with tips I got back I doubt they've even read my message. I hope to get refunded so I don't have to pay twice. Seems to be a really nice app that is just what i'm looking for. Really a shame how nokia deal with this.
Same for me, I wrote more than one week ago but I got no answer atm...

Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
bwalter,

Very nice application. Thank you.

The only thing that I miss right now is a Pause Button. Maybe swiping left Stop Button?