From what we've seen about Sailfish, I think it looks solidly appealing, but not necessarily groundbreaking. It would have made a nice PR 1.4 for the N9, for instance. Of course, we haven't seen that much just yet, but controlling apps from the multitasker view is likely to be more of a gimmick and actually useful for only a few apps.

At any rate, I remain optimistic and I like swipe driven UIs, so hopefully Jolla will have more to show and sell us soon. And it may be unpopular to say so, but swipe driven UI, Android compatibility, Qt powered development, and N9 style layout is already available via BlackBerry 10, though it is not as open as we would have liked. Jolla had better get a move on!

As far as forums go, I think that this one is one of the best, maybe even the best. (I follow the XDA forum and Crackberry, too.) Things are pretty slow around here nowadays. Development for the N9 is slow, people are migrating to other devices, but it is comparatively well organized and filled with knowledeable and helpful members.

Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
It's the same thing as Asus, everyone says it differently!!!
I gave up on thinking there was a correct pronunciation for Asus when I saw a video created for the sole purpose of setting the record straight that had the proper pronunciation written on a white board and a spokesmodel on the same video that pronounced it differently than that.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Saw that on Twitter, there was quite a few inaccuracies in that video, but I like her enthusiasm & she's pretty damn cute.

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-04-14 at 15:14.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=wFiU8...%3DwFiU8qfpchU
Why do you link to mobile version. I hope no one using mobile web version ?!?! If you do, time to upgrade phone to a new an cooler device!!!

Nothing new in that video except that there is a girl doing all the talking.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
mikey likes the girl dave

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
Big boobs!

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
jaylyst also likes her tmavica

btw u have them too na

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
Big boobs!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
Big boobs!
Any more intelligent comments? Nixie Pixel usually does good reviews for common users, especially unfamiliar with Linux.

By the way, mobile youtube version uses this weird 3gp format which can't be played in normal browsers. Here is a normal version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFiU8qfpchU

Last edited by shmerl; 2013-04-14 at 18:09.

Tags
dave ate sail, fishing jolla, n9 sailfish, nokia n950, sailfish, sailfish os, sailfish video, where?