Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

i didn't know sh*t about linux a few months ago when i buyed my n900 , and now i'm here(two linux distro on pc and 3 OS on the phone) , so: if you want to learn you CAN DO IT

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
^^letme get ma 3rd n900 then i i will get the heck out of it

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
^^letme get ma 3rd n900 1st one ma friend trade of after 1 day unish: 2nd one lost after 2 hrs 3rd on way to me..then i i will get the heck out of it

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ California
Nitdroid has a 72.50% success rate.. I'm on the other end of that and have been having trouble getting it to work. The autoinstallers never finish and then tell me it's bailing out...
When I install with xterminal following tutorials by others i get stuck in areas when my xteerminal is telling me invalid argument..
and then when i boot up my phone with the keyboard open it seems like its working for reasons i can't explain, but it never boots up to android.. I get a weird message talking about some. guru meditation.
what am i doing wrong!?!? I need help please.
All i want to do is use instagram.

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ California
So It was reccomended in another thread that if you get the Guru Meditation message to put this in Xterm..

root
apt-get update
apt-get install kernel-power-bootimg

I did .. still get the error.
still can't boot to android.

Also crumbled and tried Nokia7Vista's tutorial on youtube.. got stuck at the unmount part... >

umount /dev/mmcblk1p1

cannot umount mmcblk1p1 invalid argument....

Anyone know what i can do?

Last edited by VinnyLT; 2013-03-29 at 22:07.

The Following User Says Thank You to VinnyLT For This Useful Post:
Posts: 87 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Brescia, Italy
Hi guys sorry for my bad english and for the stupid question. i have nitdroid 2.3.4 and the 3g/gsm module doesn't work, so i cannot send sms. the camera doesn't work too. how can i fix these bugs? (remember i'm a n00b). thanks in advance

The Following User Says Thank You to n900hacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,238 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Originally Posted by n900hacker View Post
Hi guys sorry for my bad english and for the stupid question. i have nitdroid 2.3.4 and the 3g/gsm module doesn't work, so i cannot send sms. the camera doesn't work too. how can i fix these bugs? (remember i'm a n00b). thanks in advance
use Maemo instead. Nitdroid doesn't support camera so you can't use it in Nitdroid, don't know about 3G but gsm works in Nitdroid if there is any PIN code on your sim then remove it to access your sim card in Nitdroid. Keep in mind that Nitdroid trims down messages to 100 words only. Longer messages gets trimmed down to 100 words only.

Nitdroid is no longer supported on N900. hence no update will come to N900. Uninstall Nitdroid and use maemo and upgrade it to CSSU-thumb for smoother usage.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Posts: 87 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Brescia, Italy
yeah, i know that it's no longer supported. now i have the network working on 3g and gsm but i cannot solve for the camera... i've installed nitdroid only for instagram and other little things. i've looked at this guide http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...16#post1217316 but i cannot find any /and folder

The Following User Says Thank You to n900hacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 81 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Ahmedabad,India
i have nitdroid 2.3.4 installed on my emmc and everything works fine(means the possible things) but my nitdroid can't mount or read my external memory card...any solutions for that?????????????

I searched the whole TMO but i can't fine any solution if some1 have solution please help me......

The Following User Says Thank You to nisheet For This Useful Post:
27 gb aren't enough for you , or what ?
and who the hell said the nitdroid isn't supported , i'm running ics with hwa , audio , and other things

Last edited by Alecsandru; 2013-04-14 at 18:38.

The Following User Says Thank You to Alecsandru For This Useful Post:

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid