Active Topics

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Australia Maaaaaaaaate
Originally Posted by colin.stephane View Post
Sorry, but what's wrong exactly with MBROLA ??? !!! ...

MBROLA License

A++
Please let me state here that nor myself or my crew will be drawn into any legal argument,but I will highlight a few points......

1.Mbrola is for non commercial use only.This is a commercial use in the eyes of the law as the script was going to be used in a app that could be remodeled in the future to become a payed,ie commercial,app.

2.The Mbrola script cannot be used with any other application without the authors permission,thus the 5 figure request.

3.And because it cannot be used with any other applications it cannot be used as the back-end of eSpeak,as was our original plans.

4.And the author,even though is asking for a 5 figure `copyright release`,also wants a 22% cut on everything if it goes commercial,wants his name in lights and a host of what I refer to as `legal ********`added to the script so you,the community coders,developers,and users cop a 6 page legal document every time you apt-get !!!!!!

As Australia's favorite bushranger,Ned Kelly, stated...`Such Is Life`

The Following User Says Thank You to ghost_who_walks For This Useful Post:
Posts: 28 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ India
Thanks for your effort, almost I lost my hope on eSpeakCaller app. finally you come up some solution. I am ready to test this application.

As you asked for requests, It should work on Bluetooth as well.

Posts: 665 | Thanked: 2,388 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Zagreb, Croatia
My best guess would be Festival and/or Sphinx if you can get them to recompile and work on Harmattan.

The Following User Says Thank You to knobtviker For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kesava View Post
Thanks for your effort, almost I lost my hope on eSpeakCaller app. finally you come up some solution. I am ready to test this application.

As you asked for requests, It should work on Bluetooth as well.
Thanks for the offer of testing.We will take you up on it .And the bluetooth request I assume means that you would like the option to voice dial by either speaking a name or a number thru an earpiece or a 3rd party vehicle mounted system. I`ll take that back to Mikko...

Originally Posted by knobtviker View Post
My best guess would be Festival and/or Sphinx if you can get them to recompile and work on Harmattan.
Thank you again. I assume we can count you in as a tester as well .I`ve spent a good part of the day following and studying the end results of your links and I agree that Festival may be the way to go.I can`t code for my life (I really should learn),but just reading the available documentation gives me a good understanding. Sphinx seem to be underdeveloped and the documentation seem outdated and scattered,but,its up to Mikko

Posts: 665 | Thanked: 2,388 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Zagreb, Croatia

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to knobtviker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 28 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ India
Originally Posted by ghost_who_walks View Post
Thanks for the offer of testing.We will take you up on it .And the bluetooth request I assume means that you would like the option to voice dial by either speaking a name or a number thru an earpiece or a 3rd party vehicle mounted system. I`ll take that back to Mikko...
Thanks for considering me..
When can I expect the first/beta build?

The Following User Says Thank You to kesava For This Useful Post:
First we must decide which voice synthesis software is best suit for our purpose and port that over.Mikko believes Python could be the go but other software engineers seem to think QT.As he`s ex Nokia i`d like to see it written in the same script as Harmattan but apparently I`m just the face of this project,the ideas guy,and should just let the professionals do their **** !!!

So to answer your question kesava,if all goes well, possibly 3-4 weeks away before the beta build goes wild...

Like most of us in the community,we have to occasionally concentrate on our real world work.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ghost_who_walks For This Useful Post:
Posts: 458 | Thanked: 783 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ France
When they have finished the business plan and fund leverage ...

Lol !!!

A++

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to colin.stephane For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by colin.stephane View Post
When they have finished the business plan and fund leverage ...

Lol !!!

A++
You forgot design submission to engineering,than several useless meetings later,primary proposal to planning,more meetings,proposal is sent back to engineering for final modifications before being resubmitted to planning and final approval from projects.......after they view the powerpoint presentation

Tags
espeakcaller, nokia n9