Notices

Hello Sygic,

in March 2010 you started to sell "Mobile Maps" for Maemo. Thousands of Maemo users in the whole world were happy and bought it. In early 2011 you stopped selling and supporting "Mobile Maps" abruptly.

You offered and sold "Mobile Maps" with the promise, everyone will get "map updates". Most of us go none or only one single map update. This is less than you have promised to us. The last maps we can use are from 2010.

With this kind of concern policy you will force the lost of customers confidence in Sygic itself.

With this open letter to you, we hope, you will change your concern policy. We hope, you will offer new maps for every legal user of "Sygic Maps" for Maemo. This is, what you promised.

-----------------------------------------------

Everyone, who want to support this open letter, should send an Email to Sygic: privacy@sygic.com

Topic: "open letter to Sygic from Maemo users" with the uncluded link to this thread.

Last edited by Acurus_; 2013-04-27 at 10:48.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Acurus_ For This Useful Post:
and *push* ...

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
OFC I support you, But Its not smart to support an OS when nokia moves on to other OS so I can understand sygic.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
This is not about supporting the OS, it is about supporting users of your own product which you made a promise to, a promise which (apparently) you failed to honor.

Nobody is asking Sygic to come up with a new version of the application, just a map file update.

Disclaimer: I am not very informed about this, and I'm going by the OP's claims which I believe to be correct.

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
It shoud be done as they charged a hefty fee and made the promise

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Italy
They are thieves, STOP!
They are the most unprofessional company I've ever seen and if I paid more I would consider a legal way to get a refund because they didn't honor a contract...but my time is more important than them and I'm looking for an alternative like Navit or something else driven by the community because only OSS can ensure users continuity and support not a sh**ty company which fools users who honestly pay for their program!
F**k off them!