Active Topics

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by TheoX View Post
You don't really get it... I am poor. I need a working smartphone just to help me pass my exams
"Need"!?? You need a smartphone to pass exams? Is this some kind of a brave new world we live in? I did not see a mobile phone until about 5 years after university. A brick that could make and receive calls, nothing else. With a battery that lasted about an hour.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 280 | Thanked: 295 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Romania
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
"Need"!?? You need a smartphone to pass exams? Is this some kind of a brave new world we live in? I did not see a mobile phone until about 5 years after university. A brick that could make and receive calls, nothing else. With a battery that lasted about an hour.
Please don't be a nostalgic... If you didn't have that doesn't mean we can't have. If you didn't use, this doesn't mean we can use...

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
this thread is all over the place

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I'm not trying you stop having your toys. I was just surprised by your use of the word "need". Maybe once you grow up you will recognize the difference between "need" and "want". Although my wife still doesn't

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 435 | Thanked: 684 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands 020
I think we all should donate TheoX so he can buy a new N900.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jellyroll For This Useful Post:
I'm all for donating, as long as he promises to at least try to study harder and rely less on the N900 as an "exam aid".

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to malfunctioning For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
I'm not trying you stop having your toys. I was just surprised by your use of the word "need". Maybe once you grow up you will recognize the difference between "need" and "want". Although my wife still doesn't
+1. And thanks for the LOLs. I actually needed that now.

As for TheoX. I'm sorta speechless. The guy comes with a lot of energy and what looks like love for the N900, and then the problem is he *needs* a N900 to pass a *computer science exam*

I can only say. W-T-F. What's so fvcking useless about the courses you have now. It's not like a was the best student in town, but if you don't like it, don't freaking study it. When I saw your initial comments about the exams I thought: "oh well, maybe the poor guy is studying law or something". But no, he wants a N900 to cheat on computer science!

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
What reinob says, except I'm going to temper it with a healthy dose of "boys will be boys" tolerance. But surely, TheoX, dude, you need to change your ways. Computer Science courses are never worthless, especially if you need an N900 to pass them. Time you put on your education is an investment, and I wish I had been a better / more disciplined student sometimes. You need to want to study because you like it. Make yourself like it and it will be easy.

And pichlo's comment regarding "needing" vs "wanting" also made me laugh out loudly. LOL. It can be understood different ways though. Is it shoes we are talking about or some... uh... Saturday night fun?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to malfunctioning For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
"Need"!?? You need a smartphone to pass exams?
Welcome to education in the 21st century. It's why we have graduate software engineers creating threads like this: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=88621

My website

GitHub

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 158 | Thanked: 340 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ middle of nowhere
Originally Posted by TheoX View Post
4:28AM Both my N900 died.

Why?
The first one, the FLEX ribbon from the motherboard to the SD card broke, the USB was broken and now... I can call it dead...

The second after heating up the GSM chip won't start anymore... So now I don't have any N900, I just have some spare parts...

I am almost crying right now... I feel lost...
I think you can only fix the one with the broken usb, but without microsd slot (since that ribbon come from between the PCB layers).

P.S. Vezi ca am vazut pe okazii unul la 270 ron

Tags
what a tool