Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Rob32R View Post
Hey guys,

A friend sent me a photo tonight on Wazapp and when I tried to open it and download it, it froze on initialising and then the Wazapp pop up box came up and said not responding so I clicked close. Now, when I went to re-open Wazapp my whole conversation from day 1 with that particular person including the pictures etc disappeared.
Well you shouldn't close wazapp while it is downloading a pic Had the same issue once...
Your *.db is corrupted and you can overwrite it with a backup (if u have one) or you could use SQ Lite Manager for Firefox (on computer) to open your db and delete the photo but it is a bit difficult.

Originally Posted by elvisenna View Post
From time to time, when I clicked on "send", the message I just wrote disappeared but was not sent. No matter what I did, it kept happening, I normally had to restart the device - and sometimes even doing this it wasn't enough.
I also noticed this issue a couple of times but it is rare (~once in 2 weeks) and restarting wazapp fixing it for me. Dunno why it is happening.

Originally Posted by willi6868 View Post
Well you shouldn't close wazapp while it is downloading a pic Had the same issue once...
Your *.db is corrupted and you can overwrite it with a backup (if u have one) or you could use SQ Lite Manager for Firefox (on computer) to open your db and delete the photo but it is a bit difficult.

I also noticed this issue a couple of times but it is rare (~once in 2 weeks) and restarting wazapp fixing it for me. Dunno why it is happening.
Thanks for the reply.

I had no other choice but to close wazapp as it was trying to download the picture because the screen froze and I couldn't do anything and that was the only choice it was giving me.

Could you take me through the steps in finding the .db file that may have been corrupted? How do I overwrite it with a backup? What do you mean by if I have one? How do I found out if I do?

Mind taking me through the steps of using SQ lite manager for Firefox? What do you mean difficult? What I'm asking is can this be done?

I had no other choice but to close wazapp as it was trying to download the picture because the screen froze and I couldn't do anything and that was the only choice it was giving me.
One choice would be to wait

Could you take me through the steps in finding the .db file that may have been corrupted? How do I overwrite it with a backup? What do you mean by if I have one? How do I found out if I do?
Your wazapp database is stored in /home/user/.wazapp. You can use filebox to find it (activate 'show hidden files') and save it in a seperate folder of your choice.
If you don't know about the .db I think you have no backup.. The most easy way is to delete your database but you will loose all your conversations.

EDIT:
An other option would be seperately to delete the corrupted conversation .

Last edited by willi6868; 2013-05-06 at 22:10.

Would you mind taking me through the steps in how I get to /home/user/.wazapp? I opened up filebox on my N9 and searched for ''Wazapp'' in the search bar and came up with two familiar files but I'm not too sure which one it is.

/home/user.cache under wazapp and /home/user under .wazapp file. Which one is it? I've activated 'show hidden files' in the settings menu of filebox and still am confused with which exact one to look for. Also, how do you save the file in a separate folder from filebox? I've never done this before so all help will be greatly appreciated if you can take me through the steps one by one whether it be here or through a PM as I'm sure this will benefit others in the future if it occurs to them.

If I delete the database will the conversations re-appear after I install Wazapp again?

How do I delete the corrupted conversation? Well it was the picture that corrupted the chat history with that particular person.

Posts: 165 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Italy
hey, what about Transifex? I can't find projects anymore!

you mind taking me through the steps in how I get to /home/user/.wazapp?
No do not search.. You have to open up filebox, open the directory 'home', then open the directory 'user' and then scroll down until you see the directory '.wazapp' which you also open up. There is your database with the ending '.db'.

Also, how do you save the file in a separate folder from filebox?

If I delete the database will the conversations re-appear after I install Wazapp again?

How do I delete the corrupted conversation? Well it was the picture that corrupted the chat history with that particular person.
You press and hold the file '...db' and copy it.

No if you delete your database all your messages will be deleted for ever.

Just open wazapp and press and hold the conversation of the particular person and 'delete' it for removing it from your db.

Edit:
If you copied your .db you navigate to /home/user/MyDocs and open a folder of your choice, press on the second button (from left), choose your db and use the second button to copy it to your

Last edited by willi6868; 2013-05-07 at 07:01.

The Following User Says Thank You to willi6868 For This Useful Post:
Ok I am in the .wazapp file after pressing the directory 'home', what do I do now once I'm in the wazapp section? I can see 4 files.

The first one is v, second one is a whole lot of numbers.db and the next two are log.txt and previows-log.txt and reglog. Which one do I press and what do I do?

Where do you recommend I copy the .db file to?

I am now in the 'home' directory in 'user' and can see the folder MyDocs and once I clicked it how do you paste the file into there that I copied from .wazapp (.db file)?

Can you explain how to paste it once I've pressed copy?

It's just copy and paste why do you not understand this?!

Let us not spam the thread and pm me.

pushing this:

Originally Posted by palikao View Post
hey, what about Transifex? I can't find projects anymore!

Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
Originally Posted by Leinad View Post
i get a message "login failed!" anyone else?
Well, problem solved now. Just to collect some knowledge i will tell, what happened:

I paid for my account via Paypal and 3 or 4 days later i got this message "login failed!"
I waited some hours, but the problem remained, so i deleted my account and tried to reregister, but no confirmation SMS arrived.
After waiting more than 30 minutes i tried the button "voice registration" and some other stuff and suddenly i got the message "failed: reason blocked" (or similar).

I tried to register on my Android-tablet, but it also told me, my number was blocked.
So i emailed Whatsapp and asked them to unblock my number, what they did 4 days later (weekend was in between).
I tried to register again and waited for more than 2 hours for the SMS and then tried "voice registration" again... and was blocked again.

So i emailed them once again and they unblocked me again and now i managed to reregister by sending the registration request from the Android pad and the SIM in my N9.

So, long story short:
Using voice request seems to block your number, so i would not recommend to use it anymore.
sorry, i don't want to make further tests on this for confirmation

And for future users who have to pay for their account:
Don't panic, when your account does not work for some time after paying.
Later i heard from Android-users, they also had no service for about 24h, while their account was transferred from free to paid, so this seems to be normal... i guess i just should have been waiting longer and do nothing?

Maybe anyone who has paid for his account recently wants to share his experience?

// Edit:
the strangest thing is: i'm now succesfully registered again, although i still received no SMS!
so, i'm pretty sure, they changed something at the registration process again.

// Edit 2: Scorpius fixed it
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=84605&page=334

Last edited by Leinad; 2013-05-08 at 07:46.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leinad For This Useful Post:

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp