Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
5 or bigger is a must.
Oh noez......you must be a guuuuuuurl.

JUST BUY A NOTE 2.

4.7inches feels just right for me now everything else feels too small mainly due to my fat fingers.

Most of my serious gadgety stuff is done using my tablet(s) past 2 years and so my use of phones has changed quite a bit.

I would be ok with Lumia 925 kind of dimensions. The screen can be as big as it fits there. Certainly not any bigger.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I'm glad to hear that "bigger is better" in China course I will be really disappointing if jolla releasing a device smaller than 4. 7. That gives me hope.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

what if the other half was a smart watch? During GMIC he had an orange watch on his wrist which perhaps matched the orange phone in his shirt pocket? That would truly be unlike anything else

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Bremen, Germany
So everyone is throwing specs, here is my shot:

- a screensize between 3.9-4.9 inches, so you can reach every spot on the screen with one hand. I guess Marcs input on that one will be extremly valuable
- sliding keyboard, but slider like the palm pre with a sony ericsson p1 style keyboard layout
- dual SIM, this phone is for china
- and the rest camera bla bla BT, NFC, standard phone stuff, I don't expect fancy stuff, because Samsung and the others are not putting fancy stuff in theirs as well.

Originally Posted by HELLASISGREECE View Post
nah.. not all of us

I prefer fitting a 720p 4.0'' (or 4.2'') display on the N9 dimensions.
dope.
Do you know how many more lines of code you can visualize on a 5.2 inch screen rather than a 4.0 inch?

Yeah, thought so.

We all want a super compact device.
We all want hardware keyboard.
We all want a huge screen.
- 5.2in bezelless slab, with a removable keyboard is what everyone on maemo wants. EVERYONE.

I'm flattered

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
I'd like to see an E ink display on the back or on the case as an option on their crowdfunding venture or else a case with kickstand.

No actually I'd like the HTC One to get a good sailfish port if this phone is going to be low high end.

How about an app that when you clap twice the phone can vibrate across the table towards your voice?

There are different sizes of people with different sized hands. Do you really think it is fair to ask a basketball player that is almost 7 feet tall to use the N9 screen? He's going to want a 5 incher.
I'm 6'1" so I want a maybe a 4.5 or 4.3 something like that.

But regardless I think the sailfish OS kind of needs a large screen in order to make proper one handed use of the "covers" or multitasking UI.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Come all, only a weekend until we know what jolla is up to. Put your speculation hat on and bring us your speculation. Let's speculate...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
Ok, let's speculate

Well, i loved the HWKB on the N900, but who needs this, if Jolla builds in something like this.
This would really be unlike all others!

Oh and according to the browser:
I saw that Tizen browser scores 492 points and i'm just expecting more from Sailfish than from Tizen, that's all.

and btw i would love to see something like Firebug in that browser...

Last edited by Leinad; 2013-05-17 at 15:42.

Tags
dave ate sail, fishing jolla, n9 sailfish, nokia n950, sailfish, sailfish os, sailfish video, where?