Posts: 545 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ lebanon
PR 1.3 has some serious issue with battery reporting . And that 4% bug is irritating because it won't let me use the camera or download apps .

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Cape Town,South Africa
Yep, I've experienced it already for a long time...Somehow you get used to it...

Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
Originally Posted by Loepoes View Post
Yep, I've experienced it already for a long time...Somehow you get used to it...
Always from 93% exactly?
Already tried calibrating?
Current Maemo Community Council member

Posts: 335 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Trento, Italy
It happens to me too sometimes... And also if I charge the N9 while it's in charging-mode, when I turn it on it's shows about 88-94 % and not 100% as expected!

Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
Originally Posted by Lucazz990 View Post
And also if I charge the N9 while it's in charging-mode, when I turn it on it's shows about 88-94 % and not 100% as expected!
You mean when you charge the phone while it's powered off? - Then that's quite expected I'd say, as booting takes pretty much power, ~4% from my experience.

No idea why these threads got merged commentless, op had a different issue, more like what Lucazz990 experienced...

Last edited by Win7Mac; 2013-05-17 at 17:50.

Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
Pretty interesting article...

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...t=battery+bump

It speaks to several issues addressed in this thread(s).

The Following User Says Thank You to imaginaryenemy For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the hint, a good read. Most important message I take out of it:
"Several partial discharges with frequent recharges are better for lithium-ion than one deep one. Recharging a partially charged lithium-ion does not cause harm because there is no memory."
Also the link at the end of the article is worth a read: http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/a...ased_batteries
Most important message I take out of that:
Avoid charging a battery faster than 1C; a more moderate charge rate of 0.7C is preferred. Manufacturers of electric powertrains are concerned about super-fast charging of 20 minutes and less.
I probably stay away from the wall charger and use my PC if possible or even settle for a low-current charger.

But all that's not explaining why -while charging- status suddenly rises from 93 to 100%. Must be some kind of misallignment. I'll report after I get a calibration done. Last time I tried desperately to get the phone to not power up when connecting charger, but it just kept on booting even at ~dead battery...

The Following User Says Thank You to Win7Mac For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Win7Mac View Post
Last time I tried desperately to get the phone to not power up when connecting charger, but it just kept on booting even at ~dead battery...
Turn off dev mode. That's what keeps it booting up every time you connect the charger.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Janitor X For This Useful Post:
Posts: 56 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Cape Town,South Africa
Originally Posted by Win7Mac View Post
Always from 93% exactly?
Already tried calibrating?
Not sure if it is at 93% each time as I don't watch it charging all the time, but ist is somewhere between 90 and 95% before hitting the 100% a few seconds later.

The Following User Says Thank You to Loepoes For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Janitor X View Post
Turn off dev mode. That's what keeps it booting up every time you connect the charger.
Indeed that did the trick, great find!

So I did the calibration-charge twice and switched dev-mode back on again and hoped for cure... but just had the chance to look at my battery jump from 93 to 100 % again, while charging from PC-USB.
So I guess we have to get used to it like Loepoes already stated.