Active Topics

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Absolutely ugly, it's like a brick from the past..... no!, it's like two attached bricks!!

Can't be compared at all with the N9's beautiful design. Unfortunately, I guess that the OS won't ever be fully functional in the N9 (as it always happens when porting OSes across mobile devices).

The Following User Says Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
Absolutely ugly, it's like a brick from the past..... no!, it's like two attached bricks!!

Can't be compared at all with the N9's beautiful design. Unfortunately, I guess that the OS won't ever be fully functional in the N9 (as it always happens when porting OSes across mobile devices).
I concur, not that nice, but the device is half prize of the n9 wich I think is a nice move.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-05-20 at 15:25.

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
I concure, not that nice, but the device is half prize of the n9.
And when was the N9 launched? now it's completely outdated.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Bezels are great. They allow you hold the phone comfortably, instead of having to cradle it like fvcking baby (a problem exacerbated by a having a crapacitive screen).

My website

GitHub

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Agree with Marxian. Its insane to give Jolla money, when the device may not be available 7 months from now and dont even know the specs, nor functionality of this OS. N9 had the worst email client, have they improved it? The text input was the worst when compared to iOS and WP. Despite the design, N9 was ridden with bugs and hardware flaws. Will this improve? Marc Dillon is saying: trust us, and give us your money. I am saying, given your track record with N9, I will not trust till I see the device and read level headed reviews. Until then..........hope Jolla learned from N9 fiasco. It will be interesting to see how much money they raise on this pre-order strategy to fund their salaries and production.....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
And when was the N9 launched? now it's completely outdated.
what do you mean?

I meant n9 release prize vs jolla phone release prize.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 337 | Thanked: 891 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Royaume Uni.

To compare it with the N9 is unfair (design perfection in a touch device if you ask me). However, I think it's much prettier than a Galaxy 4, a HTC One and the iPhone 5. It's not as nice as a Lumia 920 or a Sony Xperia Z however.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NokiaFanatic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 337 | Thanked: 891 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Royaume Uni.
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Agree with Marxian. Its insane to give Jolla money, when the device may not be available 7 months from now and dont even know the specs, nor functionality of this OS. N9 had the worst email client, have they improved it? The text input was the worst when compared to iOS and WP. Despite the design, N9 was ridden with bugs and hardware flaws. Will this improve? Marc Dillon is saying: trust us, and give us your money. I am saying, given your track record with N9, I will not trust till I see the device and read level headed reviews. Until then..........hope Jolla learned from N9 fiasco. It will be interesting to see how much money they raise on this pre-order strategy to fund their salaries and production.....

The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to NokiaFanatic For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Lots of X factor in this phone. They should call it X Phone
What is the phone called by the way?

Originally Posted by sLumPia View Post
Jolla
check the 2nd post
Well, actually in article http://www.iltalehti.fi/iltvdigi/201...14193_v4.shtml it is called "Estrade"

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Well, actually in article http://www.iltalehti.fi/iltvdigi/201...14193_v4.shtml it is called "Estrade"
I think they've taken it from the join.jolla.com:

Jolla original design with ample 4.5” Estrade display

I think this is just referring to the display, not the phone name (didn't find anything about estrade display in google, so not sure)

Tags
"pretty soon", funniest line, jolla, pipo party, sailfish, tmo red