Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 335 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Trento, Italy
Originally Posted by sviox View Post
Actually, if you want to give it a try already, I've uploaded the version I worked on today to Google Drive and it can be downloaded from this link https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3Sv...it?usp=sharing.

Let me know if you find anything out of the place.
I got "Failed to connect to google maps API please ensure you have a working connection RELOAD"

Originally Posted by Lucazz990 View Post
I got "Failed to connect to google maps API please ensure you have a working connection RELOAD"
With a working internet connection? I did a couple of tests while I took a walk outside and it seemed to work fine both when a connection already existed and when the connection was initiated by it.

EDIT: Oh wait, seems I forgot to declare the new API URL for access request policy. Try turning off the access request policy from the manager's settings and it should work.

Last edited by sviox; 2013-06-09 at 20:00.

The Following User Says Thank You to sviox For This Useful Post:
EDIT: Oh wait, seems I forgot to declare the new API URL for access request policy. Try turning off the access request policy from the manager's settings and it should work.
Yes it does
New version is much better thanks!

I'm finalizing a midsummer update (1.4.2) and I'm quite excited to tell you that I *think* I have successfully fixed the crash issue that has randomly occurred in graphics heavy widgets when swiping them to launcher. It was caused by MCompositor's (Meego's windowing system of a sorts) incompatibility with QtWebkit, but I found a fix that seems to have bypassed this issue. Here is the full changelog so far:
* Implemented possibility of choosing a preferred view mode for a widget
* Implemented progress bar and status text to indicate download and extracting progress during installation
* Implemented help text when starting app binary from shell without parameters
* Implemented mechanism to lock widgets while updating, installing and uninstalling
* Implemented cancel functionality to download phase of widget installation
* Added multiple improvements and fixes to Google Maps application
* Added version of available update to details page
* Fixed Firefox OS apps being shown in fullscreen by default
* Fixed launcher icon changing to green placeholder icon after updating a widget in PRO version
* Fixed graphics heavy apps crashing when swiping out of them
* Fixed running out of /tmp/ disk space by downloading packaged apps and updatesto /var/tmp/ instead
* Fixed local update packages being copied to tmp directory before being installed from
* Fixed downloading icons for Mozilla web apps when manifest URL contains query and/or fragment

Also, if anyone gets "Failed to extract" or "Invalid configuration file" errors while trying to install a widget, it might be caused by full /tmp/ directory. Rebooting the phone will automatically clear that directory so please give it a try. I'll implement a better model for storing temporary install files for a later version.

EDIT: Updated changelog with some new items. I discovered that Firefox marketplace changed the way it refers to app resources, which caused some issues with downloading and displaying icons for apps installed from there. Also got rid of the /tmp/ issue mentioned above.

Last edited by sviox; 2013-06-24 at 18:33.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sviox For This Useful Post:
1.4.2 should be out any minute now. Let me know if you find anything weird or have any other thoughts on it.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sviox For This Useful Post:
File mixup in the store?

I've got the PRO version installed. Store shows there is an update but it only offers me the install-button. However the regular version is shown as installed and offers a start button.

The Following User Says Thank You to hw9xx For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by hw9xx View Post
File mixup in the store?

I've got the PRO version installed. Store shows there is an update but it only offers me the install-button. However the regular version is shown as installed and offers a start button.
What the store considers 'installed' is actually based on your account history, not actual status. You have likely had the regular version installed before.

You should try to force update checking using the actual Debian package manager tools that come with the device (i.e. settings / application / manage applications / updates). Otherwise the device will check for updates about once per day automatically. You can also use MeeCatalog (http://store.ovi.com/content/220215) to refresh the package catalog (including updates).

It might also be that the update is not yet available - the Store only reports to me that it's be available "within few hours" and that was about 5 hours ago now.

The Following User Says Thank You to sviox For This Useful Post:
It's available updated from the store, not from the application manager!

What the store considers 'installed' is actually based on your account history, not actual status. You have likely had the regular version installed before.
Thank you for your suggestions. The issue somehow has sorted itself out in the meantime.

Originally Posted by hw9xx View Post
Thank you for your suggestions. The issue somehow has sorted itself out in the meantime.
If I remember correctly, there is a bug in Store that prevents installing a package immediately after it becomes available, due to some checksum mismatch between package and it's meta-data caused by digital signing. If the Debian package list gets updated at exactly this 'gap time', it takes some time before the meta-data is corrected (unlike conventional Debian repository package lists, meta-data for packages installed from Store are not always refreshed when doing 'apt-get update').