Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 239 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
hello guys... i would like to run some scripts but don't know what i'm doin wrong... python and python-dbus is already in the newest version as terminal sais... when i try the uptime script like in "about" it works but nothing else...

i copy content from the scripts on github to a text file and safe it as alarm.py for example... copy this to home/user and insert the line as said in "about" but nothing apears... what am i doin wrong?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
snooky most probably you are using windows to save as txt hence the line endings are wrong.

either you save them with unix/linux line endings or use ssh to copy the text into nano on device and then save it on-device...

Posts: 239 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
got damn it is there no simple solution?
i was quiet good in **** like this on the n900 for a non dev but this was in the past... no one could offer a archive with all the scripts from github which i can unzip on the n9 and the scripts will work?

Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
snooky, scripts need permissions on device.
Run "chmod +x" as user for your scripts if you copy them from PC.
Current Maemo Community Council member

Last edited by Win7Mac; 2013-06-22 at 13:44.

hi guys, may i ask, am using slarti's excellent event getter, but it only shows one line/event on billboard. whereas the bb inbuilt event would show multiple lines/entries for the days ahead

slarti's script is set at its default for days to look ahead and number of entries but can only get it to show one event at a time

any ideas?

reason i ask on here, is i wondered is external script may have line limitation within billboard. cheers

Hello
Tell me how to get the status of the SDK (SFTP and SSH)? I want to get into standby mode the number of clients that are connected at the moment.For python or bash.
Thank you.

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by plazmatics View Post
Hello
Tell me how to get the status of the SDK (SFTP and SSH)? I want to get into standby mode the number of clients that are connected at the moment.For python or bash.
Thank you.
Either simply use:

Code:
{script:who}
Or postprocess it a bit with Python to get nicer output:

https://github.com/harmattan/billboa...ted_clients.py

Note that it only updates every now and then, but using the most recent version of Billboard allows you to e.g. put the battery charge in there (e.g. as a command line parameter that is not used), so that it updates more often.

Feel free to customize it to your needs. HTH

Originally Posted by thp View Post
Either simply use:

Code:
{script:who}
Or postprocess it a bit with Python to get nicer output:

https://github.com/harmattan/billboa...ted_clients.py

Note that it only updates every now and then, but using the most recent version of Billboard allows you to e.g. put the battery charge in there (e.g. as a command line parameter that is not used), so that it updates more often.

Feel free to customize it to your needs. HTH
Thank you for the script, I will experiment

this is excellent, works great, but i dont want the colored bar, i just need it to color the actual credit amount, so {{dynamic color}}£4.99{{}}

have messed with it for HOURS in all variations, but cannot get it to behave just coloring the text

anyone?
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
script for USSD Balance, drawing your balance and colored percentage bar.
Code:
#!/bin/sh

max_balance=200
mid_balance=90
low_balance=30
echo -n "{{white}}"
balance=$(gconftool -g /apps/UssdBalance/currentStrBalance)
echo -n $balance
balance=${balance%.*}
if [ $balance -ge $mid_balance ]; then
    echo -n "{{green}}"
else 
    if [ $balance -ge $low_balance ]; then
	echo -n "{{yellow}}"
    else
	echo -n "{{red}}"
    fi
fi
echo -n " {{="
if [ $balance -ge $max_balance ]; then
    echo -n "1.0"
else
    echo -n "0."$((balance/2))
fi
echo -n "}}"

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sweden
Is it possible to add an option for the colour of the clock?