Notices

Originally Posted by Spaceman75 View Post
Hi guys,

I just bought myslef a new N9 to replace my old N900. Now, I'd like to migrate my Whatsapp account to the new phone (but still using the same nuimber). I have used Yappari successfully on the N900.

What I did so far:
1. Received a new micro-SIM from my provider. Installed the SIM in the N9 and registered it, so that the old SIM in my N900 got automatically deactivated (tel. number stays the same)
2. Downloaded Whazapp to N9 and installed it
3. Tried a couple of times to register with my number, but it doesn't work. I receive no SMS with the verification code. I also received thefail-too-recent:XXX error and had to wait between the attempts.

I am now a bit worried to get my account banned. Can Whatsapp actually see that I am using a new phone? Do I need to delete Yappari from my N900 first (it's offline anyway)? Do I even need to delete my account and create a new one?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Which version of Wazapp are you using? The latest nightly from Coderus fixes the registration problem.

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Germany
Hi Janitor,
I got my version this morning from the website http://openwhatsapp.org/download/N9
It is v0.9.20

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
you can use official version and try to request sms code here: whitesoft.dyndns.org:2222/whatsapp_sms

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 56 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Cape Town,South Africa
Hi Loepoes,
sorry, my Spanish is probably not good enough. I can order a beer in Spanish ;-) but that's it.
If you can count till ten in Spanish your problem will be solved. I managed and my Spanish is practically non-existent.
They will repeat the six digit registration code a couple of times so it all depends how many beers you are used ordering in Spanish!

I just tried it and got this error:

Code request failed. Reason: too frequent attempts to request the code
You can retry requesting code after 1 hour(s) 36 minute(s)

Should I retry later? Is there a risk that my account gets banned due to too many registration attempts?

As I wrote, I was using Yappari until yesterday under the same number with no issues (worked great on my N900, thanks to Scorpius!).

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Cape Town,South Africa
I just tried it and got this error:

Code request failed. Reason: too frequent attempts to request the code
You can retry requesting code after 1 hour(s) 36 minute(s)

Should I retry later? Is there a risk that my account gets banned due to too many registration attempts?

As I wrote, I was using Yappari until yesterday under the same number with no issues (worked great on my N900, thanks to Scorpius!).
Just try hugon9 as I mentioned before. He's located in Mexico hence the Spanish. He fixed me up within 2 hours. Pm him and I'm sure he will assist you...

I just tried several times to send a PM to hugon9 and to you, but my sent items folder is empty. Is this a bug?

I just tried several times to send a PM to hugon9 and to you, but my sent items folder is empty. Is this a bug?
here i am. i hve send to you a pm, do you receive it?

The Following User Says Thank You to hugon9 For This Useful Post:
Problem solved! Thanks to hugon9! You made my day, pal!

Problem solved! Thanks to hugon9! You made my day, pal!
glad to help you my friend1 another happy user with wazapp

chers!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hugon9 For This Useful Post:

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp