Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by tanago View Post
Could you explain this: I had all the contacts with their proper statuses. I clicked on a contact and his status changed to "hey there bla bla.."(internal as you say). Then I tried multiple times to "Sync Now"(external as you say) even after phone restarts and his status remained the default... Is there any other option than deleting roster.db to fix statuses after they are obtained "internally" ?
The retreived status is only updated if the timestamp of it is newer than the timestamp of the status already stored in DB to avoid IO access that makes your phone VERY slow.

But the "bogus" status always have a newer timestamp (actually the current date/time) so you won't ever see the real status until the bug is fixed.

hi, guys ..
pls can u help me ... i have n900 and i don't know much abt all these coding and installing things.. but i just want some help frm u... pls help me...:conf used:

i cant login my yappari after i installed the update 0.35 v. after entering the number and pressing the save button as usual, it says sms registration failed. when i press call button, it says server blocked. plz help me. sending the log.
also, since my older log was very huge, i removed it from the original place, and sending u this newer log, which is smaller. giving the same error.
Attached Files
File Type: txt yappari log.txt (19.0 KB, 76 views)

Anyone else having problems with maintaining the connection? Also with multiple instances opening?

@KEN007 Blocked means blocked and we can't do anything about it.

You have to email WhatsApp to request an unblock (you can try but you actually lost your account forever).

Read the thread: If you were re-registering two or more devices too often you get blocked.

Why people want to have WhatsApp everywhere? You can only have WhatsApp in ONE DEVICE AND ONE DEVICE ONLY or else you WILL GET BLOCKED.

Last edited by Scorpius; 2013-07-10 at 23:47.

Originally Posted by cdooh View Post
Anyone else having problems with maintaining the connection? Also with multiple instances opening?
You CAN'T DO THAT!!! if WhatsApp detects another connection it will disconnect the previous one you can't have both at the same time in two different devices: YOU WILL GET BLOCKED AND LOSE YOUR ACCOUNT FOREVER

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
@Scorpius

I believe cdooh means multiple instances of Yappari running on the same device. I have come across this before, where Yappari would struggle to maintain a connection and constantly disconnecting, strangely I would still receive messages, only to realise that there is actually another instance of Yappari running in the background. Normally I would kill all Yappari instances then I would launch Yappari again.

P.S. I am not reporting a bug, as I suspect the problem is caused by some scripts I'm having on my N900.

I have a strange phenomenon with one contact (might be with others too, but this one is my best friend, who I write with daily, so I noticed it): Usually the "last seen" was always correctly updated, but for a couple of days it didn't update as it should. Sometimes it just doesn't update for some hours, then it does, and twice it happened to me that I was actively writing with her and instead of "online" the last seen showed a time a couple of hours back.

Not exactly a big problem, but I thought it worth mentioning.

(Or is that connected to the broken status request thingy? But it does work sometimes, i.e. usually when I write with her she is correctly marked as "online")

I meant what mlwane said.
Mlwane what scripts could those be, have a lot of apps on my phone can't keep track what does what. I recent moved to cssu stable btw

Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
@KEN007 Blocked means blocked and we can't do anything about it.

You have to email WhatsApp to request an unblock (you can try but you actually lost your account forever).

Read the thread: If you were re-registering two or more devices too often you get blocked.

Why people want to have WhatsApp everywhere? You can only have WhatsApp in ONE DEVICE AND ONE DEVICE ONLY or else you WILL GET BLOCKED.
i dindt use whatsapp on any other device; i was using it only on my phone; and one day after updating, it coudnt connect. it kept giving me the same error. thought of waiting and trying after a week or so, since i had xmz, wasnt using it. but still the same problem, so consulted u. anyways, thanx a lot for that. i will email them and see if anything can be done. or else will take a new sim..

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp