Active Topics

Originally Posted by suyog View Post
Are you from India?
DO NOT take N9 to Nokia care, many nokia care guys hardly have any idea about N9. They will tell very high service charge and will not be confident of fixing it.
With no help arriving here I had no option but to give it to Nokia Care. And as you said, they have no clue how to fix it. In fact so much so that they entered the model as N900 in the system as N9 does not even reflect in their system.

Its been a week and they have told me if to wait till Monday. I guess my only option now is to return the item to Hong Kong and 'hope' the seller sends me a new one.

Posts: 131 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ India
Originally Posted by mcbook View Post
This is weird!

I did a secure erase on my second N9 just now and during tbe first setup process (where you set time, date, language....) the device remembered my nokia account user name!!!!

whats secure about that??
This is not issue of secure erase but the way nokia account works.
It is same with other nokia phones, symbian and even some Ashas.

Nokia account is tied to your number. So if you put SIM while flashing and it switches on, it connects to nokia servers and knows which account that number is associated. Hence it asks you to enter password of that account.
So it is not that some data was left after secure flashing.

The Following User Says Thank You to suyog For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Pratyush View Post
With no help arriving here I had no option but to give it to Nokia Care. And as you said, they have no clue how to fix it. In fact so much so that they entered the model as N900 in the system as N9 does not even reflect in their system.

Its been a week and they have told me if to wait till Monday. I guess my only option now is to return the item to Hong Kong and 'hope' the seller sends me a new one.
Yes, and please get your phone back from nokia care as soon as possible before they break(physically)
I had very bad experience and just wanted to warn you.

The Following User Says Thank You to suyog For This Useful Post:
i have a NOKIA N9 White 64gb CHINA PR 1.3.

i live in INDIA Can I INSTALL Firmware Of PR 1.3 INDIA ??

OR ANY OTHER BATTER VERSION WITHOUT BRICKING IT ?

THERE IS INFO ABOUT ONLY PR 1.1 ON 1ST PAGE.

If your chinese fw version number < indian fw then you can do it.
1st page guide is generic , not only specific to PR1.1

From back of your N9 SIM tray you should be able to find product code.
Then go to this link http://mrcrab.net/NokiaProductCode/N...uctType=RM-696

and find which fw your phone has.

Last edited by suyog; 2013-07-21 at 06:26.

Originally Posted by suyog View Post
Yes, and please get your phone back from nokia care as soon as possible before they break(physically)
I had very bad experience and just wanted to warn you.
Hey Suyog, git this back and as expected these guys imparted a couple of scratches on it.

Here is the interesting part now:

Was almost ready to ship it back to the seller when I decided to give this another go. COnnected to a pc and started flasher. The battery was down to 5% so it kept charging. It reached 10% and it started the flash.

Viola - In about 2 minutes the flashing competed. However the CMT is still not flahsed which meant SIM functions wont work.

The took another firmware and only flashed the CMT. Here is my Nokia N9 now - working !!!

This is the config:
1, Hardware: China
2. CMT: China
3. OS: PR 1.3 But has a region code of 335 (checked it belongs to Middle East)

Is there a way to flash it to global or Indian version? Or should I play very safe and dont try to kill it.

Originally Posted by Pratyush View Post
Hey Suyog, git this back and as expected these guys imparted a couple of scratches on it.

Here is the interesting part now:

Was almost ready to ship it back to the seller when I decided to give this another go. COnnected to a pc and started flasher. The battery was down to 5% so it kept charging. It reached 10% and it started the flash.

Viola - In about 2 minutes the flashing competed. However the CMT is still not flahsed which meant SIM functions wont work.

The took another firmware and only flashed the CMT. Here is my Nokia N9 now - working !!!

This is the config:
1, Hardware: China
2. CMT: China
3. OS: PR 1.3 But has a region code of 335 (checked it belongs to Middle East)

Is there a way to flash it to global or Indian version? Or should I play very safe and dont try to kill it.
Pratyush, Great news. As I expected Nokia care guys in india are clueless about N9. They think it is Lumia 800
What they told you? How much they charged for putting scratches?
Let me know which is product code on sim tray?
And which one you flashed now?

if everything is working fine, DO NOT bother to flash again as you wont get anything different by flashing Indian fw.
Is seller ready to refund you if you send back device?
If yes then do it quickly as many N9s seems to having this issue.
else try to sell it locally via olx or quickr. Try to get good money.

I will always suggest to buy from middle east and I feel these hong kong based sellers are selling chinese operator based N9 somehow. Hence you cant be sure if SIM related issues come again.

Hi guys! I try to flash my N9 death but nothing works.
I put the control (flash-i ") it says that the current version (DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3.339.2_PR_339) and when I try to flash with (FB2CF12A_DFL61_HARMATTAN_30.2012.07-1_PR_LEGACY_009-OEM1-958_ARM.bin) it says (downgrade disallowed) at the end. I start to panic because I do not know what to do. Help me please.

[mofazar] What kind of weird thinking (or not) lead you to try flashing with DFL61_HARMATTAN_30.2012.07-1_PR_LEGACY_009-OEM1-958 ?

(trying to teach fishing here, instead of giving fish ...)

I'm sorry, in fact I try to flash with (DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3_PR_LEGACY_001-OEM1-958_ARM.bin) and this is where he says (downgrade disallowed)

Tags
flashing, nokia n9