Posts: 610 | Thanked: 391 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ DC, USA
Texrat, will the new tablet fix the GPS problems? If it requires cold-start time for each fix, even when your last one was only an hour ago, then I can't justify buying it. If I buy it, I need it to replace both my 770 AND my stand-alone GPS receiver, which does hot- and warm-starts just fine (as is the industry standard). If the new tablet has a properly-working GPS and WiMAX, I am all over it!

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I don't know anything about work related to GPS, sorry.

Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
Virtual beerpoints to whoever "gets" the name I proposed.

Except if I've seen you on "that" forum. You know who you are, Pupnik.

Here's that name again: P&|A.
Pretty easy, if you're a programmer...

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Austin, Texas
Originally Posted by Viipottaja View Post
Come on man, you are killing me with curiosity. And I am not even a cat. Maybe a dog.
Forget it man...won't work. TR let my old cat go without so much as a whisper of the release date last year...but then rats don't like cats...maybe it's better you're a dog...

I'm probably pushing my luck here, but it's for the sake of decision. With the release would anyone expect the N810 to drop below $300? I ask this because if it would, I'll probably wait the extra month or two, but if it isn't, I'll just get an N800. Alternatively if the new one launches at sub $350 I'd probably consider that one...

I doubt the N810 will drop below $350 anytime soon. I also think the new IT will also include integrated GPS like the N810; therefore, I believe the new IT will be well over $350. Hopefully, they will upgrade the Processor and include 2 full size SD slots and a better digi/web cam. If they do that much, I would expect it to be quite high. I would, however, still buy one.

Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
I'd rather have 2 microSD slots than 2 SD slots.

It'll be interesting to see what improvements they work into it.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by johnkzin View Post
I'd rather have 2 microSD slots than 2 SD slots.
I wouldn't prefer it, but I could deal with that if "size constraints" still factored into it.

I still think that the PIM market will be getting more crowded and competitive and the new Nokia will have to stand out in price/features somehow. The N810, esp. compared to the N800, suffers for this.

Does anyone know if WiMax will be interoperable with LTE (which seems to have ton of industry momentum)? I'm really wary of another set of competing mobile standards.