Active Topics

Posts: 126 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on May 2013 @ Melbourne, Aus
Originally Posted by MyPhoneHasWaifu View Post
It's missing some archives.
Hi all, new to the forum so please be nice. I've got a very similar issue, and tried the code and came up with similar issue. I've got a screenshot of the terminal to show
Attached Images

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Are you using firmware variant 001, i.e. what repository do you have in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ ?
messaging-ui-settings-001 is specific for that variant, other variants have a different file(name).

Originally Posted by minimos View Post
Are you using firmware variant 001, i.e. what repository do you have in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ ?
messaging-ui-settings-001 is specific for that variant, other variants have a different file(name).
i've got 005 variant, is it a simple case of changing the code to 005 ending or something else?? i dont want to brick my phone

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Greendts View Post
i've got 005 variant, is it a simple case of changing the code to 005 ending or something else?? i dont want to brick my phone
well, you can see what's the correct package by apt-cache command. As you can see, for example I have -001:

Code:
~ # apt-cache search messaging-ui-settings
messaging-ui-settings-001 - Custom settings for messaging-ui
~ #

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
well, you can see what's the correct package by apt-cache command. As you can see, for example I have -001:

Code:
~ # apt-cache search messaging-ui-settings
messaging-ui-settings-001 - Custom settings for messaging-ui
~ #
I ran the code and it showed I had 005. I then ran the previous code with the 001 substituted for 005. Terminal downloaded tonnes of items, so many that I couldn't name them ;-). I got my hopes up that it'd be working again, but no. Messaging still non responsive, can't attach picture to MMS thru gallery app either. I'm just not smart enough to know what to do now

Another thing I've just noticed is I can't turn on my Skype account, in accounts it just dims the button and hangs. Could this be connected to my issue?

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Al-Khobar, Saudi Arabia
Hello everyone, I am also facing similar problem. Sometime back I had flashed my N9 as per the Comprehensive Flashing Guide from here (TMO). It was successfull and my phone is working fine without any problems I noticed. But recently I noticed that my phone does not open the messaging app. I cannot send Skype messages, Facebook messages, or even the regular SMS. I cannot even view the messages that I receive from outside on my cell network. Please help.

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Wellington, NZ
Sounds like your "tracker" is playing up. You'll want to reset it but don't forget to backup your contacts, etc first.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90753
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90438