Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
I have a problem which annoys me a lot while using harmattan device. If there is a discussion already, I apologise for missing it.

When my device is in a condition with no wifi and celluar data, it constantly keep popping up connecting to internet. For example, when I was in London Tube where there is no mobile signal, it keep asking for a connection even there is no wifi around. It was about a few minutes per pop in the past, and it was still bearable. Now the device turns mad in underground, it pops immediately again when I press cancel for the previous one. I can's do anything with no data connection unless reboot.

Is there any solutions for this? How to disable the automatic pop up asking for internet? It is very annoying now.

Thanks in advance.

The Following User Says Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Are you running the nightly version of Wazapp? Because that's what happens when it can't find a connection - it goes beserk. It's annoying, but unless I'm mistaken there's no solution for it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Janitor X For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Janitor X View Post
Are you running the nightly version of Wazapp? Because that's what happens when it can't find a connection - it goes beserk. It's annoying, but unless I'm mistaken there's no solution for it.
Will test if it is Wazapp. I don't always open Wazapp but it goes mad almost every time now.

Hope there can be a tweak of command to permanently disable this annoying stuff.

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jul 2013 @ Russia
I take off all internet connections via unresticted-system-ui tools.

Originally Posted by Van-ess View Post
I take off all internet connections via unresticted-system-ui tools.
Won't work, it will pop again. I'm not trying to turn off internet.

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jul 2013 @ Russia
In that case you have app, asking for the internet. Ex: twitter, Facebook, Wazapp, RSS/feed.. Just close/kill/uninstall it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Van-ess For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
make a dummy usbnet ap, and choose that one when it asks for internet connection.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
make a dummy usbnet ap, and choose that one when it asks for internet connection.
Headache solved Thanks a lot!

Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
okay elaborate pls a little bit... i got the same issue with my wazzap, and it is so annoying...

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Originally Posted by schokopudding View Post
okay elaborate pls a little bit... i got the same issue with my wazzap, and it is so annoying...
Wazapp nightly version does this.. All you need to do is Go to menu > Quit Wazapp... It's going to be tough because it will keep on asking you so you will have to quit wazapp as fast as possible..

Or, you can connect to a network and then quit wazapp then disconnect..