Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Here is a good and very comprehensive rundown for BL-5Js:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=65568
Well i have checked them all but they have medium capacity. Maybe something has the same size but has 1800 or 2000 mah?

Posts: 192 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Austin, Tx
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
Just out of curiosity, the N9's battery is mediocre compared to what? I haven't seen a phone yet that surpases the N9's battery life, assuming similar usage...
same here

all the other ones I see die after one day of mixed usage, my N9 lasts 1.5 to 2 days with the same usage

Back in the day the N900 got a lot of crap for it's allegedly poor battery life, and yes, comparing to an iPhone that'll last several days and the N900 just barely making it through the day sure, fair enough. But I would love for my N9 to have the battery life my N900 had. No matter what I do software-wise (short of leaving it in offline mode) I am able to make it last longer than 12 hours on a very moderate use, so the op is indeed interesting...

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Well there are several BV-5JW batteries for sale but finding one that lives up to its capacity promise is always tough. And even finding a genuine Nokia replacement is hard. I have only seen a max Mha of 1500, which is hardly worth the bother even if it is accurate.

Has anyone seen anything other than "Good" in the battery condition box on their N9? My N900 battery lasted about 18 months then the capacity dropped of a cliff in the space of a few weeks. An new stock battery made a massive difference.

I love the battery life on my N9 but my N8 lasts me about 50% longer with similar usage. That being said I don't have a complaint with the battery life on the N9 as I can get 1.5 days out of it.

Posts: 376 | Thanked: 257 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Sweden
I get 2 days on N9 and 2,5 days on N8

Processor, display, 3g and wifi are the biggest consumers.
Remove any of the above, will give you an increase of 25%.

Leaving the jokes aside, a 2003, 250x360 pixel display can't be compared to our displays today.
Processors are much more efficient, but applications are designed to max out the processors. Otherwise, why would you need a strong processors?

Actually, the batteries are the ones that evolved the slowest. The chemistry behind it is the same for the last 20+ years, some minor improvements only.

actually, in this line of thought, we should be amazed that N9 is using a battery about the same volume as 3310, but does so much more than just calls and sms.