Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ United States
Originally Posted by mattkawa View Post
Same here - I have just installed LinkedUp and entered the passcode to authorise the app without issue, but apart from my profile pic showing, I can't seem to select any of the icons/options.

Is this app still being maintained and/or does anyone have any suggestions or cures for the above issue?

I have the latest CSSU installed by the way.
Hey guys

I need to review the notes for the CSSU. My suspicious is that they updated Qt. I do notice that the latest version breaks my application on Maemo. I don't know how easy this will be to fix at the moment either without a complete rewrite of the UI.

The underlying problem here is not having any UI components to use. If the qtquick components were ported to Maemo then the Harmattan version would work fine. As it stands, I'm maintaining two separate applications (one for Maemo and one for Harmattan) and it gets difficult as time progresses.

If I come up with a good solution I'll be sure to post it... for the time being, CSSU apparently cannot be used with LinkedUp. The application is still very rough however, so I would not advise anyone to remove CSSU just to use it quite yet...

Why this application is not promoted for extra-testing, I have been using this application since the first version of this app was release and no any major issue I have came across.

Please promote this app to extra - testing so that other user can provide feedback too

Originally Posted by skr4u View Post
Why this application is not promoted for extra-testing, I have been using this application since the first version of this app was release and no any major issue I have came across.

Please promote this app to extra - testing so that other user can provide feedback too
Well I would like to promote the app as soon as possible but I don't think its quite there feature-wise yet. School picked up as I was developing and I never got to implement a lot of things.

Right now, you can read news and add people and companies, but you cannot remove any of them or use the group discussion feature. The CSSU issue only compounds things; as more people install CSSU, less people will be able to use LinkedUp for some unknown reason.

I don't want to promote an application to testing prematurely as I believe extras should be a place for complete applications.

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Any chance to see a fix for CSSU users?

To my understanding, this is only a matter of fixing focus on elements to be able to press on them. There were bugs in Qt 4.7.0 for QML that have been fixed in latest 4.7.4 version included in CSSU, so the most possible cause of the problem is a hack to work with old version of Qt that is no longer needed.

Other possibility is porting QML version for Harmattan now that QtComponents for Freemantle is "almost" working".

Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
Any chance to see a fix for CSSU users?

To my understanding, this is only a matter of fixing focus on elements to be able to press on them. There were bugs in Qt 4.7.0 for QML that have been fixed in latest 4.7.4 version included in CSSU, so the most possible cause of the problem is a hack to work with old version of Qt that is no longer needed.

Other possibility is porting QML version for Harmattan now that QtComponents for Freemantle is "almost" working".
Sorry for the late response.

I just installed the stable CSSU on my n900 and its looking good. I don't have a great cross platform solution yet but I do plan on fixing (and continuing) the application for Maemo.

Unfortunately I am usually busy during the academic year and have to be stingy with my spare time. Starting around May I plan to pick it back up, as well as a few other apps...

In the meantime, it is open source!

https://gitorious.org/harmttan/linkedup

EDIT:
Here is the maemo version's source,
http://code.google.com/p/linkedup/so...ches%2Fremodel

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to antman8969 For This Useful Post:
Hello,

I am unable co connect to linkedin/to get the key. After I open the application a PIN code request shows with an entry field. Than a webpage opens, showing some Linkedin page witht he meaasge :
We could not find the authorization-token

Could you please help me ? The search on google did not give me anything relevant.

Posts: 239 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
While MeeIn isn't working anymore, i found this app at openrepos, but i'm not able to install it. After trying to install the .deb, it sais that it's not able to install because of dependencies...
any help?