Active Topics

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 546 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ rack city
The one of the two things that i hate about my nokia n900 is that it cannot copy contacts from phone memory to sim card, even dumbest fones in the market can do very easily. please develepors make some app or whatever possible to add this basic functionality.
The other thing that i keep bragging about is filthy 3 column app menu in potrait mode. can we change that to 4?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hardy_magnus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Handle winmail.dat?

Being able to see battery percentage while charging?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Akkumaru For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by crail View Post
i dont want to be forced to answer a text when im busy doing something else.
Nothing stops you hitting Cancel if you don't want to deal with the new SMS right away.

This is how my old Palm did it. Upon receiving an SMS, a dialog popped up with the sender's details, the SMS text and Reply, Cancel and Delete buttons. Reply would bring you to the communication thread with that sender. Cancel and Delete closed the dialog and returned to whatever you were doing before. Not pressing anything until the screen timed out meant the dialog was still there the next time you turned the screen on. Receiving another SMS while an unaswered dialog was on the screen would change the dialog to something like "2 messages received". Obviously the senders' details, SMS text and the Reply button were no longer applicable and disappeared.

I found this interface the most intuitive of all phones I have ever used, before or since, but of course YMMV. For me, SMS is the most important method of communication with a mobile phone and the reason for having a mobile phone in the first place.

Originally Posted by n900user259 View Post
Clicking on the notification is already possible. The SMS UI comes up at once.
That's hardly the same thing. Consider this use case. I am at a meeting, on a noisy bus with the pnone in the pocket... whatever. In short, I miss the SMS notification. Later, I notice a flashing blue LED. Great, I think, I have a message. At this point, it takes three clicks to get to read it instead of zero clicks as per my post above.

Having it come up automatically might be useful to some users but not to everyone. So if implemented it should be configurable.
Sounds fine to me.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 114 | Thanked: 61 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Beijing, China
Originally Posted by Akkumaru View Post
Being able to see battery percentage while charging?
+1. How come this isn't there by default? Nokia you Linux sucker

Time to move on. If you can't afford an N950, and don't know how/where to fetch a Jolla, then head for Android reluctantly, or you're stuck. Seriously.

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Serbia
Fix the lockscreen (go to landscape and lock screen and keys, press Power and then go to portrait)
Make 720p recording/playback BUILTIN

The Following User Says Thank You to Fwiffo For This Useful Post:
Phone: possibility to edit number of received call before calling back or before adding as new contact.

Contacts: enable arrow keys while editing numeric fields

Implement auto text reflow to microb and make the best maemo browser even better.
Constantly scrolling left and right to read zoomed in pages is PITA.

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by artpra View Post
Implement auto text reflow to microb and make the best maemo browser even better.
Constantly scrolling left and right to read zoomed in pages is PITA.
I find MicroB fine without this, if the site is designed well. MicroB seems to be the only mobile browser not to ignore "device-width" meta tags and multiple css files with "handheld" tags.

Opera has this feature and while it works great for articles of text it will break some css layouts and margins to do so making the site look broken.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:

Tags
cssu stable, nokia n900